Requesting translation help with 1899 marriage banns

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
sunfish9
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 05 Oct 2019, 20:55

Requesting translation help with 1899 marriage banns

Post by sunfish9 »

Hi, I'm not an Italian-speaker so I've been making do with Google Translate while I give my brother-in-law an assist with his family tree. There's a line in the 1899 marriage banns for a couple from Sicily that I'm trouble making sense of - it's outlined in red below.
Brancato_clip.png
Can someone please transcribe the line and then translate for me?

For reference, the full announcement is on the right side of the image here:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=145365

Thanks!
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Requesting translation help with 1899 marriage banns

Post by liviomoreno »

If you look at the lines before the ones you posted you will read: "...in data+(venti)quattordici corrente mese..."
the sentence you underlined means: "the plus sign shows a word that was deleted, taht is: twenty - One note approved"
In few words the clerk wrote twenty and corrected it to fourteen
sunfish9
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 05 Oct 2019, 20:55

Re: Requesting translation help with 1899 marriage banns

Post by sunfish9 »

I see that now - thank you so much!
Post Reply