Can anyone tell what this first name is?
Line number 8 = Alberici (unknown name)
It is from a ship manifest
Can't figure out this name
Can't figure out this name
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Can't figure out this name
I would suggest "Conocordial"/Concordiale/Concordio
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
Re: Can't figure out this name
That could be. It's better than anything I can come up with. The first letter doesn't definitely match anything else.
- parkergambino
- Elite

- Posts: 327
- Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 17:28
Re: Can't figure out this name
Why not post a link to the ship manifest so we can examine a wider sample of the scribe's handwriting?
Parker
Parker
Re: Can't figure out this name
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1368704
I see now looking at it here that the last mark is not an L but the check found on every line. The name is Concordio/Concordia. Probably from Castelnovo di Sotto.
I see now looking at it here that the last mark is not an L but the check found on every line. The name is Concordio/Concordia. Probably from Castelnovo di Sotto.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
- parkergambino
- Elite

- Posts: 327
- Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 17:28
Re: Can't figure out this name
So right, it doesn't match up well with anything else.
Here's my two cents, with amateur handwriting analysis commentary:
- the first letter is "R", and the left-most vertical component is not complete,
- notice how the lower right vertical component tapers from both ends to its widest extent in the middle, fairly consistent with his "R"s
- for his capital "C"s, the final flourish at the bottom ends curling back in a mini curlicue, making it discontinuous from the following letter, fairly consistent across a sample of his writing, but not for the sample in question
- still no perfect matches with other samples of his capital R, but check frame 451 line 19, Ricci
- if the initial is R, then the first few letters could become Rocco or Rocio, perhaps there are variants of such names in Italian that would match, not that I recall coming across any.
Parker
Here's my two cents, with amateur handwriting analysis commentary:
- the first letter is "R", and the left-most vertical component is not complete,
- notice how the lower right vertical component tapers from both ends to its widest extent in the middle, fairly consistent with his "R"s
- for his capital "C"s, the final flourish at the bottom ends curling back in a mini curlicue, making it discontinuous from the following letter, fairly consistent across a sample of his writing, but not for the sample in question
- still no perfect matches with other samples of his capital R, but check frame 451 line 19, Ricci
- if the initial is R, then the first few letters could become Rocco or Rocio, perhaps there are variants of such names in Italian that would match, not that I recall coming across any.
Parker
Re: Can't figure out this name
I am going with Concordio (It says male) unless I find something else. I do see the name Concordia used with the same family name in Castelnovo di Sotto records near the same time.
Thanks for your help, all.
Thanks for your help, all.
Re: Can't figure out this name
I think its Rocco his first name Alberici
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty

