Hello!
My wife and I are doing a lot of search... I thought I'd see if anyone here can help me locate any information about her ancestor:
Name: Jose Salemme (probably Joseph or Giuseppe)
Birth: Around 1884.
From: Family says the is probably from Calabria, Italy.
Parents: father Nicola Salemme, mother Collio Rosa.
Married: 21.03.1914, Brazil. With around 29 years old.
Arrival in Brazil: No data found.
Date of death: 02.01.1938, Brazil. With around 54 years old. On his death certificate someone allege he was born in "Isk, France"
Siblings: We got some data that AMADEO, EUGENIO, GIUSEPPE (maybe himself), TERESA, TOMMASO are Nicola's children - Visura storica per immobile, Provinciale di Cosenza. Foglio: 9 Particella: 240.
Researching: Jose Salemme
Re: Researching: Jose Salemme
The surname Salemme is found in the Province of Cosenza in the Calabria Region.
However, I checked the Archives site for Cosenza and did not find your Giuseppe with a father Nicola.
I also searched for Amadeo, but unsuccessfully.
I DID find Tommaso Antonio Salemme -- in the Comune of Maiera
SIAS Code IT-ASCS-F680258
Ufficio Leva della Provincia di Cosenza, Enlistment year 1889.Volume number 244,
document number 94 page 339 section a
Tommaso Antonio Salemme, enlisted on 01/05/1909
born on 08/03/1889 to MAIERA'
son/daughter of Nicola Salemme and of Rosa Colleo
http://www.poster.beniculturali.it/ascs ... C1A7.node1
Here is the birth act from Maiera of Tommaso Antonio Salemme
#18 - bottom right
Father: Nicola Salemme
Mother: Rosa Collega (sp?), his wife
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043464
I searched the 1884-1886 records and did not find Giuseppe.
T.
However, I checked the Archives site for Cosenza and did not find your Giuseppe with a father Nicola.
I also searched for Amadeo, but unsuccessfully.
I DID find Tommaso Antonio Salemme -- in the Comune of Maiera
SIAS Code IT-ASCS-F680258
Ufficio Leva della Provincia di Cosenza, Enlistment year 1889.Volume number 244,
document number 94 page 339 section a
Tommaso Antonio Salemme, enlisted on 01/05/1909
born on 08/03/1889 to MAIERA'
son/daughter of Nicola Salemme and of Rosa Colleo
http://www.poster.beniculturali.it/ascs ... C1A7.node1
Here is the birth act from Maiera of Tommaso Antonio Salemme
#18 - bottom right
Father: Nicola Salemme
Mother: Rosa Collega (sp?), his wife
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043464
I searched the 1884-1886 records and did not find Giuseppe.
T.
Re: Researching: Jose Salemme
Thanks for repplying. So his name probably is "Giuseppe". I'm now registering into that website there is one record for "GIuseppe Salemme" for 1883, maybe he is older than we thoughtTessa78 wrote: 17 Feb 2020, 02:07 The surname Salemme is found in the Province of Cosenza in the Calabria Region.
However, I checked the Archives site for Cosenza and did not find your Giuseppe with a father Nicola.
I also searched for Amadeo, but unsuccessfully.
I DID find Tommaso Antonio Salemme -- in the Comune of Maiera
SIAS Code IT-ASCS-F680258
Ufficio Leva della Provincia di Cosenza, Enlistment year 1889.Volume number 244,
document number 94 page 339 section a
Tommaso Antonio Salemme, enlisted on 01/05/1909
born on 08/03/1889 to MAIERA'
son/daughter of Nicola Salemme and of Rosa Colleo
http://www.poster.beniculturali.it/ascs ... C1A7.node1
Here is the birth act from Maiera of Tommaso Antonio Salemme
#18 - bottom right
Father: Nicola Salemme
Mother: Rosa Collega (sp?), his wife
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043464
I searched the 1884-1886 records and did not find Giuseppe.
T.
update: unfortunatelly, the record from 1883 parents name doesnt match

