Hi marisa, thanks a lot, but this search story is very long and very difficult and for sure I would not have had success without the luck of yesterday, so accidentally I read a article, and so now I know all.. about the names: Vincent Pinto was a italian emigrated in Philadelphia, and the Vincenzo's wife was a descendant of a italian emigrated in Liverpool UK and after in Philadelphia PA, USA.. the family was a big family, and the head was a Leonardo surname CARROTTA right, that the descendant spelled Corratta.. obviously the letter is very important about italian surname... Leonardo had 2 sons: James in the picture, and George; the George daughter married to this Vincent Pinto.
The search was difficult because this head( Leonardo) changed the surname many times, changed the first name also, and changed also the wife... and also the country! also don't say the truth about the right birthyear, but I found the traces of this Leonardo life, but the right surname spell was a problem for me because are many surnames very similar but no equals ( in 1891 liverpool census he is listed as Joseph Salla and Philippa Salla wife/the first)!
I knew some rumors about this Leonardo family, some memories etc.. and in this 2 years, obviously no good luck, only many traces, yes, but the problem was the right surname spelling.. well from a rumor, I knew the story detail about this Vincent Pinto and with my surprise, yesterday, on internet, searching other records i found the article... same persons, same story... now I'm happy because also this search ending... normally i adopte some hard search, so for Girolamo Gentile, for Domenico Malerba, Leonardo Carrotta, now the last is about Sagawinia, a topic of here, but for a good success is necessary a synergy betwenn the researcher and the descendant; so when the descendant think that is easy to find and don't want to collaborate, well in this case the search is impossible, and perhaps this is the Sagawinia case.. many thanks, suanj
record look up
Re: record look up
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: record look up
Anytime
That is quite a story! Thank goodness my ancestors were a little more straightforward...
Marisa
That is quite a story! Thank goodness my ancestors were a little more straightforward...
Marisa
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta

