Italians in Uruguay

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
User avatar
CiaoBella1313
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: 12 Jul 2013, 18:21

Italians in Uruguay

Post by CiaoBella1313 »

Does anyone know of any sites for Uruguay? The Family search records are locked right now. I might have living relatives there.

Grazie
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Italians in Uruguay

Post by Tessa78 »

But you can view them while at a Family History Center or an affiliated library.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library

T.
User avatar
CiaoBella1313
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: 12 Jul 2013, 18:21

Re: Italians in Uruguay

Post by CiaoBella1313 »

I did visit my local FHC but there are so many records! They are on 380 microfilms compared to small towns in Italy that are on 9 to 15 microfilms.
User avatar
CiaoBella1313
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: 12 Jul 2013, 18:21

Re: Italians in Uruguay

Post by CiaoBella1313 »

And, now I found my local FHL is closed due to the Corona virus. So I can't see them at all! Hope they unlock the records SOON
Post Reply