Ok, so I was wondering if Ancestory has a good map and how to get it, I just got back on Ancestry today.
I would like to check various places if I have a name and I know most my relatives came from Sicily - and -
the wire diagram I have some one printed Sacrestana…..how can I find it on the map and on research for a record birth say 1845.
Look forward to the response
Ray
Map Sicily
Re: Map Sicily
Sacrestena possibly Santa Cristina Gela in the province of Palermo. What names/docs do you have referencing this place? Any information might help to verify.
Biff
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
-
bbivona
- Master

- Posts: 1154
- Joined: 21 Jul 2018, 00:43
- Location: Texas e Sicilia, provincia di Trapani
Re: Map Sicily
Ancestry has maps but I have found them hard to use.
If you would like a mid 1800s map of Sicily (and all of Europe) that his highly detailed, I love the following one. It's put together from a number of different maps and I find it very useful. You can zoom out or in as much as you like and it is name-searchable, even for tiny hamlets.
https://mapire.eu/en/map/europe-19century-secondsurvey/
The link to just southern Italy is here.
https://mapire.eu/en/map/italy-1862/
This link starts you at Palermo.
https://mapire.eu/en/map/europe-19centu ... Hr4fqtJbhk
If you would like a mid 1800s map of Sicily (and all of Europe) that his highly detailed, I love the following one. It's put together from a number of different maps and I find it very useful. You can zoom out or in as much as you like and it is name-searchable, even for tiny hamlets.
https://mapire.eu/en/map/europe-19century-secondsurvey/
The link to just southern Italy is here.
https://mapire.eu/en/map/italy-1862/
This link starts you at Palermo.
https://mapire.eu/en/map/europe-19centu ... Hr4fqtJbhk
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
Re: Map Sicily
Marianna Spoto born 02/11/1901 and death 13/08/1932......this was from a wire diagram I
received from family members in Sicily.
Thanks for the quick response on the maps I have downloaded the links for later references.
received from family members in Sicily.
Thanks for the quick response on the maps I have downloaded the links for later references.
-
Thomas Codispoti
- Rookie

- Posts: 29
- Joined: 13 Feb 2020, 16:48
Re: Map Sicily
Thank you for the link to the map. The detail is amazing
- pdchenderson13
- Rookie

- Posts: 97
- Joined: 13 Feb 2011, 17:58

