Valguarnera Caropepe

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
sarae
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 14 May 2020, 00:13

Valguarnera Caropepe

Post by sarae »

I am trying to gather my great grandfather's birth certificate and/or baptismal records, but have been told that the church that held them burnt down and all documents were lost. I was told by the San Fran consulate that I would need official documentation/proof from the commune to verify. Does anyone have information about this or suggestions for how I would obtain this? Any help appreciated
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Valguarnera Caropepe

Post by mmogno »

Can you give some more information? Great-grandfather's name? Date of birth? Parents' name?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
Post Reply