Documents for Citizenship - Never naturalized?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Tsantoro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 27 Jul 2019, 00:17

Documents for Citizenship - Never naturalized?

Post by Tsantoro »

Hi all,

I *think* I might have everything I need, but wanted to run this by everyone to see if there is anything I am missing.

I am applying via a Great-grandfather, Raffaele Angelo Santoro. I have the following documents for him to prove he never naturalized:
  • * A certified birth certificate from Italy for Angelo Raffaele Santoro (note the name switch)
    * An uncertified letter from USIC listing the only found documents being an alien file with the national archive
    * A certified copy of the alien file from the national archive (dates on contained documents ranging from 1942-1952)
    * An uncertified email from the NY regional national archive stating no record found
He did arrive in the US as a minor, but based on the alien paperwork, I believe he retained his Italian citizenship? His son was born in the 1930s, well before the dated alien paperwork as well, which leads me to believe citizenship passed down to him.

I do not have any documentation to prove the date of his arrival in the United States?

What do you all think? Is this enough for the consulate?
Post Reply