Massimo/Maximo

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Eduarda90
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: 01 Apr 2017, 03:29

Massimo/Maximo

Post by Eduarda90 »

Im trying to help one of my friends to find his ancestor.
His name was Miguel Nicola Maximo married with Raquel Nicoteri (we couldnt find their marriage certificate yet)
In Miguel Maximo certificate says that he was born in Calabria around 1876.

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... s/MY42-NZV

Ive already search many site looking for his entrance in Brazil and still not showing anything relevant.

I would be glad if anyone could help me on this.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Massimo/Maximo

Post by PippoM »

I see in the tree he was born in Serrastretta, Catanzaro.
Do you have evidence of this, or is it just a guess?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Eduarda90
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: 01 Apr 2017, 03:29

Re: Massimo/Maximo

Post by Eduarda90 »

I think it might be a guess! What the family know is that he was born in Calabria.. but where?
I checked and the most popular Massimo region could be Serrastretta! But I would like to know if the variation of the surname is correct.. I’m not sure if is Massimo/máximo!
Post Reply