Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by Rick Berni »

I am looking for information on the Bernacchia and Vagnini families from the Fano area. The Vagnini family is from Bellocchi and the Bernacchia family is from Rosciano. Both towns are Frazione di Fano. The Bernacchias and Vagninis are linked somehow but I have been unable to find the connection. A person posted a reply to the Bernacchia family on Mar 7. I would like to hear from this person to see if we can solve the connection.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by adelfio »

How about Teresa Bernacchia and Antonio Vagnini marriage are they related to you

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by Rick Berni »

Hi Marty,
Thanks for responding. This is what I am trying to find out. One of my cousins said that Teresa Lucenda Bernacchia and Antonio Vagnini are Albina Vagnini's parents. However, when I went to the archivio in Fano I found that Albina's parents are Amato Vagnini and Barbara Tonucci. I have been trying to find info on Teresa Bernacchia because I believe she is my G Grandfather"s(Giuseppe Bernacchia) sister but I can't verify this. Do you have any info on Teresa? Albina is a very common name in my family's heritage. Is it possible that there are 2 Albina Vagninis? Any help in this matter would be HUGELY appreciated. I have been looking for this connection for 4 yrs now and keep drawing blanks.
Thanks,
Rick
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by Rick Berni »

Sorry Marty, I should have said that Teresa Bernacchia could be my G G Grandfather's sister. His name is Angelo Bernacchia. If you have the marriage certificate for Teresa and Antonio Vagnini, it should state the parents, correct?
Rick
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by adelfio »

Lets see what you have and the church they used what about some dates

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by Rick Berni »

OK. I have a date of birth for Teresa -Lucenda Bernacchia-1838 but I don't have a document for this. My cousin gave it to me from another family member. It does say on the sheet that her husband is Antonio Vagnini but again no document.I have Albina Vagnini born in 1869 and died in 1924. I don't have a document for this either. Here is the problem. I have a document saying that Albina Vagnini was born Nov 14 1869 and died June 23 1924.It states her parents as Amato Vagnini and Barbara Tonucci. Albina was married to Giuseppe Perlini who was born in 1865 and died in 1957.I believe that Teresa Bernacchia is related to me somehow but her marriage to Antonio Vagnini doesn't match what I found in Fano.
If Albina is Teresa and Antonio's daughter and I can find a document that says the same, then my problem is solved but right now I have this disconnect. The church that I went to is Chiesa di Santa Maria Rosciano Marche. Did you find the marriage certificate for Teresa and Antonio?If Teresa is related to me, I believe she is the daughter of Luigi Bernacchia and Teresa Oliva/Uliva. Luigi was born 9.10.1807. I don't have Teresa Oliva's date.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Marty,
Rick
PianosiDiFano
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 02:48

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by PianosiDiFano »

Hi Rick! I have a birth record for an ALBINA MARIA VAGNINI in San Cesareo Fano in October of 1864. Her parents are AMATO VAGNINI and BARBARA TONUCCI. I also have the record for their marriage
Amato's parents were Antonio Vagnini and Francesca Pierini
Barbara's parents were Fortunato Tonucci and Maria Simoncelli.
Barbara was born about 1837 in Ferretto and Amato was born about 1834 in San Cesareo.
Could this be the same Albina Vagnini? Perhaps this is a record for a FIRST Albina and this one died in 1867 or 1868?
Is there any way I could view the document you are talking about as I am quite interested! I would be happy to share what I have with you.
As a side note do you have any info on Giuseppe Perlini? He could have been the son of a Eusebio and a Fortunata Gasparini, but another Giuseppe Perlini born the same year (1865) in Rosciano is son of Francesco and Marianna Ceccarelli.
Cheers and good luck!
PianosiDiFano
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 02:48

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by PianosiDiFano »

As a follow up I would like to add that I have found a death record for this Albina, she died in November of the same year. Albina in 1869 was no doubt named second to the first one.
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by Rick Berni »

PianosiDiFano,
Thank you so much for responding! Yes this is the same Albina I am talking about. I don't have a document for this. I got this from a person at the commune di Fano while I was doing genealogy research there. I was trying to find out how this Albina is related to my family, Bernacchia, from Rosciano. I am really interested in finding Teresa Lucenda Bernacchia's parents. I think this is my family's connection to Vagnini.
By the way, are you related to the Pianosi family in Sudbury Ontario Canada. They are from Bellocchi/Rosciano area. They lived in the section called Piccolo Fano in Copper Cliff. I met them when I went to Sudbury to meet family there.
PianosiDiFano
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 02:48

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by PianosiDiFano »

I am in fact related to them! My grandfather Ezio Pianosi came to Copper Cliff in 1934 and married the granddaughter of Albina Vagnini.
Maria Perlini is Albina's daughter and my great grandmother.
My branch of the Pianosis is from the San Cesareo- Feretto area, but I imagine some of them came from Belocchi!
As for the Bernacchias I sadly have no information. I see the name is very common all around Fano as well as Cartoceto.
I'm sure you may have seen it, but there is a marriage record for a Vagnini in Sudbury Ontario where the parents are listed as Antonio Vagnini and Teresa Lucenda. I didnt know what to make of this
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by Rick Berni »

OK PianosiDi Fano, we are getting somewhere. My grandfather, Enrico Bernacchia is somehow related to the Perlinis but I think it is through Albina Vagnini. I have a ship manifest that says my grandfather is going to live with his cousin Attilio Perlini in Copper Cliff in 1912. I just haven't been able to find out how the relationship works. I am in contact with Ron Falcioni in Sudbury, who is Attilio's Grandson and I believe a cousin of mine. My grandfather's brother Getullio married Attilio's sister Ermelinda. So, your great grandmother is the sister of Attilio and Ermelinda
Also, I read your 1st post on this forum about Biondi. I responded on that topic but I will repeat it. I have met an older lady in Sudbury who is Mrs. Biondi. I wonder if she was married to a relative of yours? If you want me to find any info on Mrs Biondi ,I can call my cousin Ron and see if he can talk to her. He knows her well.
Where do you live? Maybe through the private messaging we can connect personally. I grew up in Toronto and have been to Fano 4 times in the last 6 years. I have found and met many relatives there and hope to go back once it is safe to do so. I found a lot of info at Parocchia Santa Maria in Rosciano. It is the church that contains early records of births, marriages and deaths for Rosciano/Bellocci.
I have seen the record of Antonio Vagnini and Teresa Lucenda Bernacchia as Albina's parents but the records in Fano say otherwise. I have been working on this for 6 yrs with no success yet.
Hoping to hear back from you,

Rick
PianosiDiFano
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 02:48

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by PianosiDiFano »

Sounds like your quite the genealogist yourself! I'm a little more new to it, and as I'm still in my youth I've not had the opportunity to visit any Archivi.
The Biondis I know of were my grandmother's brothers and sisters. The only son was Americo "Mac" Biondi who died in 2005. There were two daughters, one passed away just this year and my grandmother in 1991. I'm not totally aware beyond that, although I think a Mac had a few children, so perhaps that could be the relationship? The only other Biondis I know we're related to is some in New York.
This record you mentioned of Albina, is it a marriage record? I've not been able to find any records for her other than the marriage records from Sudbury and the things I've pulled from forums and public trees. It is indeed a confusing issue not made any easier by the fact that Vagnini, Perlini, and Bernacchia are three names which seem to pop up alot in my research of the area. I also havent found any of these families in Situazioni di Famiglia or in casualty lists, so it seems this family may have not had much in the way of conveniently well kept military documentation, but then again I can only search what Antenati has to offer. I have a marriage record for Attilio which states that he was born in "San Cesaro Fano," because of this I assumed it more likely his parents were from the same parrochia, but of course they could very easily have come from Belocchi, or Rosciano.
Is it possible perhaps that Attilio and Gettulio were second or third cousins?
I wish I had more information to divulge but sadly I'm a bit in the dark with this side of my tree!
Happy to help with whatever I can
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by Rick Berni »

Well PianosiDiFano, I am not that great at genealogy really. I have just spent a lot of time researching. Yes, I believe that Gettulio and Attilio are second or third cousins. I am trying to find out how. Ron Falcioni's mother in Sudbury, is one of Attilio's daughters.

My cousin's grandmother on his mother's side is a Biondi. I believe she is from San Lorenzo in Campo. I hope that you don't mind if I ask this again, where do you live? If you are in Fano, I can give you info and names that may be able to help you.
PianosiDiFano
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 02:48

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by PianosiDiFano »

I live in Kingston area of Ontario, because I live in an English part of Ontario (my mother is of Loyalist and Irish descent) I have little access to Italian genealogy resources.
I do have a book called "up the hill" written about the Copper cliff Italians. I took a quick look in it yesterday but couldn't find the names Biondi, Bernacchia, Perlini, or Vagnini. I believe the name Falcioni is mentioned a few times, and my father certainly remembers the name from his childhood days.
My grandfather's brother from Fano is still living, and I believe he is a great wealth of information. I am trying to get in contact with him, but his hearing is now quite poor.
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by Rick Berni »

OK, If you look in UP The Hill and find the names Felix and Nazzareno Mei, you will notice that each of them married a Bernacchia woman. One is Virginia and the other is Maria. The two brothers married two sisters. The Bernacchia women are my grandfather's first cousins. The Mei brothers I believe, had a coal business and then a fuel supply business, if I remember correctly.
To answer a question you had on an earlier post, The Giuseppe Perlini whose parents are Eusebio and Fortunata
Gasparini, is the one related to you. Giuseppe is Ron Falcioni's great grandfather. So you are related to Ron as well. PS- do not get rid of UP The Hill. It is no longer available. I tried to get a copy and couldn't.

Please feel free to keep the conversation going if you wish. I live in Collingwood and if you want to have a more private conversation, we can contact each other through the private messaging on this forum and pass along emails etc.
Post Reply