I am searching for my Bellomo ancestors, and for 10 years have believed every Bellomo in Polizzi Generosa was descended from Emmanuel Bellomo, who arrived in the late 18th century from elsewhere.
Today, I found this looking for something else:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... =244433536
This is the baptism of Lorenzo Domenico Lima, son of Santo and Maria Pintorno. I believe the year is 1777, the place was Polizzi and the Godparents were Magister Vincenzo Bellomo and Josepha with a surname I've never seen before - looks like Garcitano?
Can someone please help me with the surname, confirm the other information I gave, and let me know if there any other useful information?
Emmanuel Bellomo had a father and son named Vincenzo, but Emmanuel would be around 16 years old, not impossible to have a son at 16, but impossible to have a son who was a Godfather, even if Emmanuel was actually a little older.
help with baptism
Re: help with baptism
I believe the surname of the godmother was Gancitano - a surname found in Palermo Province.
The father's given name appears to be Sancto.
Your other information looks to be accurate.
T.
The father's given name appears to be Sancto.
Your other information looks to be accurate.
T.
Re: help with baptism
Thank you so much!
Here is one more surname I can't figure out:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Margarita was Lorenzo's grandmother, her surname looks like Crussi?
Here is one more surname I can't figure out:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Margarita was Lorenzo's grandmother, her surname looks like Crussi?
Re: help with baptism
Crupi ----also found in Palermo Province.
T.
T.

