Hi All,
I see many of us are in the same Jure Sanguinis boat-- hopefully, some of you lot will have insight on the following.
----
I have two mild discrepancies:
--> Caroline // Carolina
--> Saia // Isaia (Last name(s) of an Italian, non-ascendant bisnonna)
----
One potentially concerning one:
--> My Italian ascendant wrote his birthplace as "Montefusco, Avellino" instead of "Montemiletto, Avellino" on his Declaration of Intention**.
The towns are neighboring and two of his siblings were born in Montefusco-- maybe an email from the Montefusco Comune will be accepted?
----
And finally, one that has me terrified:
--> My ascendant also wrote the wrong birthday on his Declaration of Intention.
While the year is correct, he changed his birthday to the day his ship arrived in the US (which is also mentioned on the DoT.)
I've read some immigrants did this or were given the birthday January 1 if they did not have a birth record. I would say my only hope is pointing to the ship's arrival date and referring to his wife's name on the DoT which matches the marriage certificate.
----
Thanks so much in advance!
** Note Declarations of Intention cannot be ammended/changed, even if errors are present.
