NYC Vital Record - Birth Cert - COURT ORDER

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
brennadon
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 28 Jun 2020, 17:54

NYC Vital Record - Birth Cert - COURT ORDER

Post by brennadon »

HI folks,

I'm mid-way through compiling an application to Italy for dual citizenship, but have hit a major snag.

To complete this application I must provide a birth certificate for my Grandmother (Queens, NYC). Both her parents are deceased, so cannot request. And my Grandmother wants nothing to do with the process. No matter how much I've pleaded, she wishes that I find another way without her involvement. I'm somewhat stumped.

Do you have any recommendations on how I might acquire a birth certificate for the sole purpose of applying for dual citizenship in Italy? While NY State has an "Affidavit to request certified copy of Marriage/Death/Birth Certificates," NY City is "a closed jurisdiction and only she can purchase her birth certificate and provide to you. We do not have affidavits that allow living individuals birth certificates issued to a third party if they are not entitled." (words direct from NYDept of Health representative) Any advice on the matter would be dearly appreciated.

Thank you all for your time.
Post Reply