Help with Reveli

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
bvbellomo
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 21:59

Help with Reveli

Post by bvbellomo »

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/rsw ... upe46/.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/brc ... lg534/.jpg

Tomaso Ferrara, son of Giovanni, lived in the quarter of Santo Orsola in Polizzi in a household of 1 person in 1754. He had something? with the house of Antonio Russo alias Alesi worth 8.

Is this correct? Is the date correct? I believed this was the 1747 Reveli I was looking at. Is there anything else worth knowing? I included the next page, but it is mostly about another person.
bvbellomo
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 21:59

Re: Help with Reveli

Post by bvbellomo »

Bumping because I never got an answer and am still trying to figure this out.
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Help with Reveli

Post by darkerhorse »

The 8 is the property tax (importa), I can't tell the monetary denomination, perhaps tari or grana.

The reference to Antonio Russo's house might just be for reference as to location of Tomasso's house.
bvbellomo
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 21:59

Re: Help with Reveli

Post by bvbellomo »

Thanks. But does it give Tomasso's age, parents names, wife's name or children's names?

BTW - whether it is 8 tari or 8 grana - was that the total amount of tax owed on the house? Or the total appraised value of the house?
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Help with Reveli

Post by darkerhorse »

I don't see any such information about him or his family.

As far as I know, it's taxes, not value.
Post Reply