anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data for

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by suanj »

sergio_bianchi wrote:You are wonderful.
Angelo Montanaro when came in Usa went to his brother in Law Ferentino Antonio: The city was GermanTown. I think that is near Philadelphia, and then Angelo Montanaro may be abt in Philadelphia.

My grandfather Luca Montanaro came in USA, two time.
The first time in 1913 and went to his brother Angelo in Paterson NJ. The second time in 1920 went again to his brother in 392 Good St. Jersey Ny (?)
He returned in Italy and the conctat with other parents was loose.

I am searching the American cousin of my mother (79) Adele Montanaro.
Is a beautiful gift if I find any cousin of her. She had 6 brother and sister, that was death.

I dont speak english very well, and the story of my mother I want tell you in Italian

Mi chiamo Sergio Bianchi e sono figlio di Montanaro Adele. Mia madre aveva 6 tra fratelli e sorelle, e sono tutti morti.

Mia madre conobbe mio padre durante la seconda guerra mondiale. Infatti mio padre proviene dal nord Italia, da Varese, città vicina al confine della Svizzera. Mia madre si sposò nel 1945 e lasciò il suo paese Solopaca, in provincia di Benevento.

Io sono nato nel 1952, e fin da piccolo, conoscevo la storia, quasi mitica dei parenti americani di mia madre.

Addirittura prima di sposarsi, mia madre doveva partire per raggiungere i parenti americani, ma mia nonna (fortunatamente per me) lo impedì.

Da allora dei parenti americani si sono perse le tracce.

Il caso ha voluto che un mio collega di lavoro, incappasse nel sito EllisIsland, dove anche io, quasi per scherzo ho impostato delle ricerche.

Addirittura non sapevo che anche mio nonno venne negli Usa.

A questo punto mi ha colto la febbre della ricerca. Ho scoperto che montanaro è un cognome piuttosto diffuso negli Usa, e ho deciso che sarebbe bello se potessi rintracciare qualche lontano parente, sia per me che per mia madre.

Ci sto provando, ed ogni giorno faccio progressi. Devo confessare che all'inizio sembrava un'impresa disperata, ma giorno dopo giorno, vedo progressi entusiasmanti.

Saluti a tutti

Sergio Bianchi
Ciao Sergio,
ho letto il tuo topic, e quindi se ho ben capito tu cerchi i discendenti di Angelo e Luca Montanaro zii di tua madre... il manifesto di Angelo l'ho visto, ora bisogna trovare i censuses per capire chi erano i figli di entrambi e trovare i discendenti.. è corretto così? Luca è tornato in italia e si sono perse le tracce...
hi sergio, I read your topic, and if i understood very well you search the descendants of your mother uncles:Angelo e Luca Montanaro .. the ship's manifest of Angelo i already see here, and now is necessary to find the censuses for to know the sons and to find the descendants.. is correct so? luca back in italy and no contact with other parents...
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
sergio_bianchi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 17 May 2006, 00:00

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by sergio_bianchi »

The last post is a commercial rubbish.

I want tell to Nuccia. I find Rosanna. She is a daughter of my cousin and lives in Great Britain I dont know them before because my uncle Michele, brother of my mother had divorced in 1960 and then I never know his son.
Now with Internet I found Rosanna daughter of Luca my unknow cousin Great!!!!!

But I want find my American relatives. Its more difficult!!!!

In every forum I write. It's like a message in a bottle.

I hope I find them

By

Sergio B
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by jcsm400 »

sergio_bianchi wrote:The last post is a commercial rubbish.

By

Sergio B



The last post is by suanj, an excellant, professional genealogist in Italy! She is just catching up on all the postings in this thread. She can find things that others can't!!!!!!

You owe her an apology :!: :x :x :x
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by wldspirit »

Excuse me Sergio..........I asked Suanj and Ricbru to look into your

post........... 8O ..........I thought perhaps it would be better for you to

converse in your native language.........these are two members who have

been with this board long before the rest of the so called Masters,

including myself, and are the true Masters...............if you are going to

be rude and disrespectful then perhaps you can find help elsewhere :!:

wldspirit :evil:
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by nuccia »

sergio_bianchi,

I sent you a private message...

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
sergio_bianchi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 17 May 2006, 00:00

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by sergio_bianchi »

wldspirit wrote:Excuse me Sergio..........I asked Suanj and Ricbru to look into your

post........... 8O ..........I thought perhaps it would be better for you to

converse in your native language.........these are two members who have

been with this board long before the rest of the so called Masters,

including myself, and are the true Masters...............if you are going to

be rude and disrespectful then perhaps you can find help elsewhere :!:

wldspirit :evil:
I am apologize but I have followed the link and the page that appared I think was a commercial page.

Internet for me is a community of free spirits and don't a commercial spaces. If I have mistaken the cause was the the bad information on that page

By

Sergio B
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by wldspirit »

Yes the internet is free spirits as you say......

there are many professional genealogist here at

ItalianGenealogy..........but they devote many, many hours of their time

for FREE..........they do NOT charge for services here.........Suanj and

Ricbru are Italians living in Italy......I thought it would be better for clear

understanding for you to converse in Italian..........they are both helpful

and very good at finding information..........

regards,
wldspirit
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by suanj »

sergio_bianchi wrote:
wldspirit wrote:Excuse me Sergio..........I asked Suanj and Ricbru to look into your

post........... 8O ..........I thought perhaps it would be better for you to

converse in your native language.........these are two members who have

been with this board long before the rest of the so called Masters,

including myself, and are the true Masters...............if you are going to

be rude and disrespectful then perhaps you can find help elsewhere :!:

wldspirit :evil:
I am apologize but I have followed the link and the page that appared I think was a commercial page.

Internet for me is a community of free spirits and don't a commercial spaces. If I have mistaken the cause was the the bad information on that page

By

Sergio B
Sergio,
I don't accept your apologies.

You cannot say these affirmations on my person and my honesty. You cannot say so.

I'm the person who has helped and help all, free of charge here.

Before expressing serious judgments you would have to be inquired on the interlocutor.

I replied only because wldspirit has asked me by private message. All for free help.
Here I'm the senior member, and please to respect me.

However, now, you can make your search without my contribute.

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by wldspirit »

Had I known this person was to be disrespectful....I would not have asked for you to help Suanj......for this I am sorry.

You know you and Ricbru have my deepest respect........

Hugs,
DeLisa
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by suanj »

Lisa you are a gorgeous person, and a sweet woman, and a dearest friend.

This Sergio is no important for me.
You and all members here we are very important for me.
Hugs and kisses,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
sergio_bianchi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 17 May 2006, 00:00

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by sergio_bianchi »

I did not want that happens.

I said only that pages seem a commercial. Stop

However if you want I am again here. I am sincere. I want only find my relatives, and I dont want to litigate.

I will write and read if someone will help me.

Thank you for your deserving work, and for your attention

Sergio B.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1874
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by ricbru »

wldspirit wrote:Had I known this person was to be disrespectful....I would not have asked for you to help Suanj......for this I am sorry.

You know you and Ricbru have my deepest respect........

Hugs,
DeLisa
Thank you very much wildspirit.
Sergio, next time count until 10 before offending people that are help you for fun and free, otherwise you don't deserve to stay with us, and you don't deserve our help
Riccardo
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by nuccia »

Hi Everyone,

I know you were offended suanj and I understand but sergio has apologized and I believe he is sincere....can you find it in your heart to forgive him? I can't force you to accept it, but I hope that you will think about it. :)

Sergio....I did send you a private message but I guess you never opeed it. I know you are fustrated with this search but it is common for a member coming in the middle of a post to often recap so that they can be sure of what has been posted. Suanj has had computer problems all week and needed to have a clear understanding of the post so she summarized it. She is no stranger to genealogy...just look at the amount of posts she has and you will see. Sometimes, before responding, it is a good idea to see if the poster is a member and for how long or is just a drifter who posts spam. No one deserves to be hurt like that, even if it was in error....

If you would like to continue your search, I can try to help with the limited resources I have available but I'm afraid that I don't have the knowledge or resources that many others do on this board. We work as a team because we have different avenues available to us and different levels of expertise. When we alienate one, we often, unfortunately alienate many... :(

I hope this explains a bit of the way things work and I hope that you will continue to search and ask questions if you are unsure, before posting any strong statements, okay? :)

Nuccia
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by suanj »

Hi nuccia, I don't think that Sergio is sincere, however I searched for you nuccia and what I understood of this search is that Angelo don't appears in the censuses.. no in 1920 in NJ or PA, and the others Angelo Montanaro found formerly don't seems that could be he.
So I believe that Angelo could have changed the first name almost, or is most mistaken on ancestry...
So the search must start from a sure point, and the sure point is the document.
In the ship's manifest is wrote that Angelo is married..
well in Solopaca, Sergio can request the birth act, and sure it is also marriage notation.

When we know the wife name, if she joining the husband in USA we can find it...

Otherwise the search must start also from WWI draft registration card; Angelo born in 1884; he was in USA; He made the militar service in USA also.
I cannot find it, but is possible that the name is mistaken on ancestry.com,
however he must be in WWI draft registration card... in 1920 was in NJ, before in PA, could be that was also in some other state..
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi suanj & everyone,

I think I know what happened & to what sergio was referring to.....Think he wasn't refering to the actual post by suanj, but he clicked on the link that is included on suanj's posts (matera.site.voila.fr/M...origin.htm).


Hope this is what happen & it was a big misunderstanding!


jcsm :)
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Post Reply