anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data for

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by nuccia »

Thank you so much for your input Suanj...it is much appreciated! :D :D :D So now we start again..

jcsm...I think you may be right.... :idea:

Nuccia
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by Marisa6 »

Sometimes it is a good idea to watch a forum for a while before you jump in and make a post. It saves any misunderstandings. I have watched this forum, and others, for a couple of years and did not post until I felt I had something helpful and relevant to say. Suanj helps many on this forum and others. If I ever get to the stage where I can't get back further in my family history I would happily employ Suanj without a second thought. I know from the amount of time and effort that she selflessly puts into helping others that I could trust her completely. Her knowledge is second to none, and her dedication to, and patience with the rest of us is exemplary.

Suanj - we know you are a great person!! You will get your reward in heaven :D

Marisa xx
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by nuccia »

sergio_bianchi wrote:
I want tell to Nuccia. I find Rosanna. She is a daughter of my cousin and lives in Great Britain I dont know them before because my uncle Michele, brother of my mother had divorced in 1960 and then I never know his son.
Now with Internet I found Rosanna daughter of Luca my unknow cousin Great!!!!!

But I want find my American relatives. Its more difficult!!!!

In every forum I write. It's like a message in a bottle.

I hope I find them

By

Sergio B
Let's not give up yet! Suanj and eveyone else gave us some good clues...now we just need to follow up on them. You may need to write for Angelo's birth act to see what his wife's name is...I can't remembber, did someone post the address to write to? I need to go back and read everything over again and recap the information. :oops:

Nuccia
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by jcsm400 »

I'm not sure what we are looking for???????

The 1920 or before census for Angelo Montanaro????
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by wldspirit »

I searched for many hours to locate census info, based on the name of the wife, Serafina, the closest I came to was an "Annie" married to an Angelo..........I do not believe a manifest was found for the wife.........??

Also.....Sergio spelled the name Ferrentino as opposed to Fiorentino.......if memory serves me correctly, might want to check that.

Stated that there were two manifest for Luca......yet only the first can be him, the other was of a person much, much younger........

and pinpointing where he lived........ :?

That is why I asked Suanj and Ricbru to intercede........I think we may be losing something in the translation.......

wldspirit
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by nuccia »

I agree, we are definitely missing something. Sergio...can you do us a favour? I just need some clarification on some things. Starting with yourself and working backyards can you name:

Yourself

Your Father and year of birth
Your Mother (maiden name) and year of birth

Your Grandfather Montarano and year of birth
Your Grandmother (maiden name Fiorentino?) and year of birth

Your Greatgrandfather Montarano and year of birth

Also, do you have any documentation for this Angelo and Luca?

I'm trying to follow something here but I need to be certain.

Thanks and we'll await your reply.

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by nuccia »

sergio_bianchi wrote:
wldspirit wrote:I have found a few names of interest on both 1920 census and the 1930 census, but I cannot be sure.........it is possible Serafina went by Annie??
To know the names of Angelo's children would help narrow down the right family.....

In summary...........

Angelo Montanaro
dob - 1885 Solopaca, Benevento, Italy
wife- Serafina
arrival - may 1905, joining brother in law Antonio Fiorentino in Germantown, Pennsylvania.
http://ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_wei ... &line=0018

Luca Montanaro to see his brother Angelo, 1913 in Patterson, New Jersey,
http://ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_wei ... &line=0024
and page two........
http://ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_wei ... &line=0024

Is all the info correct?
wldspirit
Yes is correct I found it yesterdday
Lets look at this manifest again...I may not be reading it correctly but I think it says Serafina (born abt 1886) is gong to see her father Angelo..The passenger above, Orsola Cusano(?) is going to see her husband Angelo. All going to Pennsylvania.

Luca,(born between 1884-1888) married to Angela, is going to 392 Good Street, NJ...brother is Angelo.

Nuccia
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Sergio & everyone,


Please take a look at this 1920 census & see what you think. It's indexed under Angelo MANTMANN, but I think it looks like Montanaro :?: .

Brooklyn, NY
Angelo-Head-35 (abt 1885)-Italy-immig. 1889 or 1899?-NA-1906-occu:"profiter" (proprieter?) hotel cafe

Fanny-wife-36-Italy-immig. 1901?-NA-1906
Rocco-son-14 NY
Mike-son-12NY
Vincent-son-10 NY
Joseph-son-6 NY
Nick-son-3 NY
Angelo-son-1/30 NY
Also living w/ them is Vincent Albano, f-i-l, 70 Italy, widower, immig 1900?, occu: painter


http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/1852 ... 9201fe.jpg
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by jcsm400 »

Vincenzo Albano's Manifest?

DOA: 11/8/1912
Age 62
POD: Naples
POA: NY
Ship of Travel: Canada
Last Residence: Cullem, Italy

http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 0180%2ETIF
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
sergio_bianchi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 17 May 2006, 00:00

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by sergio_bianchi »

.....7.8.9.10

Hy
I see for Serafina she was sixteen year old. In Italy was usually that the wife was yanger.

I read the ship manifest and I see husband Angelo Montanaro 914 South 8 St. Philadelphia.

The same address I found in a other manifest of Martino Montanaro that went to his brother Angelo Montanaro. He came in USA in 1900 with another Montanaro Maria G.

With the ash on the head thank you very much
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by suanj »

nuccia wrote:
sergio_bianchi wrote:
wldspirit wrote:I have found a few names of interest on both 1920 census and the 1930 census, but I cannot be sure.........it is possible Serafina went by Annie??
To know the names of Angelo's children would help narrow down the right family.....

In summary...........

Angelo Montanaro
dob - 1885 Solopaca, Benevento, Italy
wife- Serafina
arrival - may 1905, joining brother in law Antonio Fiorentino in Germantown, Pennsylvania.
http://ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_wei ... &line=0018

Luca Montanaro to see his brother Angelo, 1913 in Patterson, New Jersey,
http://ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_wei ... &line=0024
and page two........
http://ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_wei ... &line=0024

Is all the info correct?
wldspirit
Yes is correct I found it yesterdday
Lets look at this manifest again...I may not be reading it correctly but I think it says Serafina (born abt 1886) is gong to see her father Angelo..The passenger above, Orsola Cusano(?) is going to see her husband Angelo. All going to Pennsylvania.

Luca,(born between 1884-1888) married to Angela, is going to 392 Good Street, NJ...brother is Angelo.

Nuccia
Well, after that I read all replies, I can say that IS IMPOSSIBLE THAT THIS SERAFINA AND THE ORSOLA CUSANO MOTHER ARE THE DAUGHTER AND THE WIFE OF OUR ANGELO MONTANARO! YES.. THAT THEY JOINING TO A ANGELO MONTANARO.... BUT IS NO THE OUR, NO THE SAME PERSON; IN FACT THIS WOMEN TRAVELLED IN 1902 AND ALREADY THE RELATIVE WAS IN USA, INSTEAD our ANGELO CAME ONLY IN 1905 AND NEVER IN USA BEFORE.

SO FOR TO KNOW THE RIGHT WIFE NAME SERGIO MUST TO REQUEST THE BIRTHACT OF ANGELO mONTANARO BORN IN 1884 IN SOLOPACA, AND IN THE BIRTHACT IS THE MARRIAGE NOTE AND WIFE NAME...
BEST REGARDS, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
sergio_bianchi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 17 May 2006, 00:00

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by sergio_bianchi »

Now is the time of analisys.

Perhaps there are two Montanaro Angelo that came from Solopaca Italy.

One made constituted a group in Philadelphia.

All the record of Serafina, Martino, Maria G. and Antonio Fiorentino say that their went in 914 South 8 st.

Another I don't find his record, but a second group was made in Paterson.
Palma, Guiseppe saw in Ruocci st?? My grandfather Luca 710 long st.

The first time when came in Usa Giuseppe Mondanaro went in Paterson. From his record I find that in 1901 was the second time that came (1896-1898) the first.

In the memories of my mother Giuseppe, the same firstname of her grandfather abandoned in Italy a wife and sons.

In his two recor say the true arond his year of birth 1862.

Then I think that Montanaro Giuseppe is the most important.

Noticed that in the record the first one is reported with Mondanaro and not Montanaro (1901). In the second record Guiseppe and not Giuseppe (1912)

I have requested the birthact from Solopaca, but it's very difficult to find and to have, because I am living far from there.

Again for thousand time Thank at everybody

Sergio B.

I am sincere and money lose interested
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by suanj »

Now is the time of analisys.
right
Perhaps there are two Montanaro Angelo that came from Solopaca Italy.
No perhaps: sure!
One made constituted a group in Philadelphia.
right
All the record of Serafina, Martino, Maria G. and Antonio Fiorentino say that their went in 914 South 8 st.
this group we don't interest us because we search Angelo Montanaro born in 1884 and that came in Paterson NJ; in 1920 when Luca also came from brother the residence was in Jersey city NJ ?
Another I don't find his record, but a second group was made in Paterson.
Palma, Guiseppe saw in Ruocci st?? My grandfather Luca 710 long st.
it could be interesting to find this other ship's manifest ...
The first time when came in Usa Giuseppe Mondanaro went in Paterson. From his record I find that in 1901 was the second time that came (1896-1898) the first.
But you search Angelo or Giuseppe.. they was son and father?
In the memories of my mother Giuseppe, the same firstname of her grandfather abandoned in Italy a wife and sons.
Sergio: in my experience many immigrants make so... the italian white widows... is terrible.
In his two recor say the true arond his year of birth 1862.
Then I think that Montanaro Giuseppe is the most important.
Noticed that in the record the first one is reported with Mondanaro and not Montanaro (1901). In the second record Guiseppe and not Giuseppe (1912)
yes in the 1901 travel he joining to Maria Pipoli sister in law in Paterson NJ.. also he declare already in USA from 1896 to 1898 as you said..

-in 1912 Giuseppe was in travel with Palma daughter, Carmina wife in Solopaca, and joining to Angelo Montanaro in Paterson NJ; and already in USA(Paterson) from 1902 until 1909

and because we know that really came in 1901 and no 1902, it could be that also on the ship's manifest of 1901 the declaration about last residence time in USA could be incorrect.. I cannot find it in the 1896/98...

Perhaps for draft registration card could be some record about Angelo in Passaic county NJ

I have requested the birthact from Solopaca, but it's very difficult to find and to have, because I am living far from there.
this is a good step: I hope that Angelo's wife also came in USA so with more names is more easy to find it...

Regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by Marisa6 »

Hi Sergio

This is a long shot, but if you are trying to find amercian cousins it may be worth a try. Go to http://www.geneanet.org/ and type in Montanaro in the top box. Among the results that come up you will see several Montanaro families located in the US. The contact pages list the email addresses of some of them. I don't know how common Montanaro is as a surname - but dropping them an email can't do any harm to see if they know of the families you are looking for.

Marisa

PS you will also find a couple under Montanero
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by suanj »

In 1920 travel, Luca Montanaro is a "reservist" this it could be helpful for to find some other info... because Sergio search the Angelo descendants, and we cannot find in 1920 NJ census: no Angelo and no Luca(brother), no Giuseppe(father) and no Palma (sister), and from second ship's manifest of Luca we know that arrived in USA in February 14 1920, so in the census he must be... !
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply