Don Mariano Branca

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
stumpeditaliano
Elite
Elite
Posts: 260
Joined: 04 Sep 2018, 02:32

Don Mariano Branca

Post by stumpeditaliano »

Hello,

Here is a death certificate for Don Mariano Branca, I think I got most of the information. I was wondering if someone could translate this for me.

I have his parents down as Don Domenico Branca and Donna Rosa Palumbo

His death date as: July 7, 1937

Place of residence I think is Riviera di Chiaia

It looks like he may of had two wives in his lifetime? Am I reading that corectly? I know of Donna Teresa Bernard but I see another name in there, Donna Giovanna(?)

Some help would be greatly appreciated, looking for his profession and I am not sure if they give a birth date as well on the DR.

Here is the link as well:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

Thank you so much!
Attachments
Don Mariano Branca DR.jpg
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Don Mariano Branca

Post by liviomoreno »

Death date is 6 July (recorded on th 7th)
Widower of Teresa Bernardo and husband of Giovanna De Falco. Aged 59
stumpeditaliano
Elite
Elite
Posts: 260
Joined: 04 Sep 2018, 02:32

Re: Don Mariano Branca

Post by stumpeditaliano »

Hey Livio,

Thank you so much! I appreciate your help with this.

One more question on this does it say anything about their jobs?

I hope all is well and that you and your family are safe and healthy.
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Don Mariano Branca

Post by liviomoreno »

Mariano was a landowner employed in the Royal playing cards factory
stumpeditaliano
Elite
Elite
Posts: 260
Joined: 04 Sep 2018, 02:32

Re: Don Mariano Branca

Post by stumpeditaliano »

Can someone help me out, is the place of residence number 287? Thats what it looks like to me.

Thanks so much! :)
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Don Mariano Branca

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

stumpeditaliano wrote: 10 Jul 2020, 04:45 Can someone help me out, is the place of residence number 287? Thats what it looks like to me.

Thanks so much! :)
Yes, No 287.

Angela
luigirusso007
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 103
Joined: 27 Sep 2013, 07:11
Location: Napoli, Italy
Contact:

Re: Don Mariano Branca

Post by luigirusso007 »

Mariano Branco lived in the Riviera di Chiaia building 287 which belonged to Princess Teresa Filangieri, sister of the famous Gaetano Filangieri, and then a part was donated by Filangieri to Mariano in 1819 and the donation was confirmed in 1829 in Teresa Filangieri's will.
stumpeditaliano
Elite
Elite
Posts: 260
Joined: 04 Sep 2018, 02:32

Re: Don Mariano Branca

Post by stumpeditaliano »

Hey Luigi,

That is great information, thank you so much for that! I was trying to find the connection. How were you able to find this information? That is amazing.
Post Reply