Grandfather

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
BethW
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 20 Aug 2004, 00:00

Re: Grandfather

Post by BethW »

Hi Last,

Going back to the reference in the naturalization papers to "Monte Foresco," there does appear to be a place in Umbria called Foresco, postal code 06054. It is a frazione of the commune Fratta Todina in Perugia.

Good luck.
Beth
User avatar
Last
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 198
Joined: 19 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Grandfather

Post by Last »

Hello, I received information from the Comune Di Montefusco. Is there anyone who I could fax it to that could translate it. If I understand it at all it look like I have received information back to 1812. I hope someone could help me to translate. Some of the documentation is handwritten.

Thank you
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Grandfather

Post by jcsm400 »

If it's not too long, use imageshack.com to host it & post in "Translation" catagory.

When done "hosting it" go to the Direct Link" copy & then paste,
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Grandfather

Post by nuccia »

Last wrote:Hello, I received information from the Comune Di Montefusco. Is there anyone who I could fax it to that could translate it. If I understand it at all it look like I have received information back to 1812. I hope someone could help me to translate. Some of the documentation is handwritten.

Thank you
Do you have a scanner on your fax machine? If so you can scan it to your documents and then email it to me as an attachment. I can link it for you if you have traouble with imageshack.
Otherwise, scan it, save it to your desktop...open a new window and type imageshack. Click on Browse and open the file. When it attaches, click on upload. After a few minutes it will upload with several options (I use the last options). Copy the url and paste in this thread. It should work. If you have any questions you can post here or PM me for my email if you would like to send it.

Nuccia :D
User avatar
Last
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 198
Joined: 19 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Grandfather

Post by Last »

Parente, Camerlengo, De Iorio, Di Luca, Mirra, Mirro, De Stefano, De Spirito
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Grandfather

Post by nuccia »

It's a very clear post but my Italian is poor. I can make out what it says roughly but not word for word. The handwritten part is the hardest for me... :oops:

There are others though that will have no problem with this. Hang tight, ok? :D :D :D

Nuccia
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Grandfather

Post by suanj »

The year 1879, the day 10 of August month, to 11.00 A. M. hours, in the City Hall, in my presence Mascia Ignazio, secretary delegated by Major with right and approved act of 19 december 1877, and civil record officer of Montefusco Municipality, it has appeared PARENTE Giovanni of age 32, farmer profession domicilied in Montefusco, that it declare me that in 6.00 A.M. hours, of 8 day current month, in the house of 12 S. Egidio street, from CAMERLENGO Anastasia cohabiting wife him, is born a child of male gender that it makes to see me and to which it gives the first name of Alessandro.
A how above mentioned and to this act are presents as withnesses: CIAMPI Nicola of age 40 farmer and LEPORE Giovanni of age 41 farmer, both in this Common resident.

It read the present act to all presents, is signed only by me saying all of to be illetterates.
the civil record Officer
Ignazio Mascia
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
Last
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 198
Joined: 19 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Grandfather

Post by Last »

Hello everyone, I received information from the Comune Di Montefusco about my grandfather. The information shows him being borth and I received other information that goes back as far as 1812. If I uderstand it correctly, and after having it translated from my friend on the forum, it looks like I have received information as far back as my great great grandfather and mother. I am very excited to have this information but this bring me to other questions. Now I would lke to know if my grandfather had brothers and sisters,and also find out other information about my tree when it was a sapling. What direct could I take to do this research?
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Grandfather

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Last,

You can order films of the civil registry of Montefusco, Italy from your local LDS(mormas)-Family History Center.

Here is a link to the available films (1810-1865).

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++

Link to locate your Family History Center.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

Films are abt. $5.50 each. You rent them for abt. a month & can view & make copies at the FHC.

Hope this helps.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Post Reply