Hi everyone (I hope I'm posting in the right place!)
For a number of years now I have been searching for my Calabrese bisnonno who supposedly ended up in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Background
Vincenzo Coluccio, born in Roccella Jonica, on the 29th of December, 1892, to Francesco Nicola Coluccio and Maria Rosa Coluccio.
He was one of (at least) four children, the others being Giuseppe Nazareno (who immigrated to the US), Soviglia, and Domenico.
In (presumably) the early 1920s, he married Anna Rosa Bova, and had three children. Giuseppe (my grandfather), being the youngest. When my nonno was about two years old, Vincenzo left the family for Argentina (c. 1930).
To the family's knowledge, he had no contact with his family in Italy, apart from when his children had fully grown up. They received a couple of letters (fairly vague). We also have one photo of him, supposedly taken by someone who happened to see him in Argentina and sent it back for the family.
I have spent countless hours searching for his whereabouts, with no real luck. It appears that he travelled to the US in 1910, but evidently ended up back in Roccella where he was to get married and have children. Beyond the record I found of his travel to America, I have found nothing of his whereabouts.
I have searched through many Argentinian websites (including CEMLA's immigration database) to find him - no luck. I cannot find any immigration records, marriage records, or death records. It has left me wondering if he perhaps changed his name.
I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this, as it's something I've struggled to find an outcome to!
Many thanks from Australia
