anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data for

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by nuccia »

suanj,

You make a good point...but we still haven't heard from Sergio :?

Marisa thanks for the link.. :D

Nuccia
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by Marisa6 »

:oops: Ah - silly me! I'll look for a Luca.
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by suanj »

yes Marisa, Luca.. but i cannot find 1, almost 1... of Luca Montanaro in all ancestry! kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by Marisa6 »

What was Lucas birth date - I can't seem to see it in the thread? I need my glasses I guess! There is a Luca Montorani on Ancestry born about 1876, and a Luca Montana born about 1867. I was thinking what Luca might have changed his name to. There is no real english equvalent - only maybe Louie or Lou.

edit - Duh - or Luke - brain isn't working this morning
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by nuccia »

Marisa,

There are many Louis's with this last name so I was thinking along those same lines...

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by Marisa6 »

Hmm - I don't know what the US Public Record index is but there is a mention twice of Lucca Montinara

Is that more modern stuff?
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by nuccia »

Those are records (like the phone listings almost) of the people currently living (between the 1990-2005)...maybe a living relative named after Luca?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by Marisa6 »

Could well be. It seems to be a really unusual name.

This one might be too early - its a WWI draft card
Luco Mondanaro 2 Feb 1887 White Italy Jersey City, Hudson, NJ

Marisa
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by Marisa6 »

Another longshot from the 1930 census. The family of LOUIA MONTANARO (male born about 1886 Italy - could be misspelt Luca) and MARY MONTANARO - Esta, Ralph, Tresa, Pasco, PALMA, Anna, Harry and Mafalda. Sergio said his mother remembered a Palma. I have brain-ache. I need chocolate!

going for lunch

Marisa xx

PS - family listed as MONTONORO on 1920 census
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
User avatar
sergio_bianchi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 17 May 2006, 00:00

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by sergio_bianchi »

I speak with my old mother, and she remembers that his father Luca came in USA two time, without family. And after he returned in Italy where in 1947 he died.

She remeber that was another Montanaro Luigi, brother of my grandfather, that same my grandfather came in Usa, and after reurned definitively in Italy.

She remember there was another brother named Angelo, that came in Usa and never returned.

She remeber a sister Palma, she never reurned too.

She remeber that there was a cousin of my grandfather named Adelina, that wanted call my mother in Usa.

Father of Luca was Giuseppe and he did not came in USA.

I think that the Guiseppe was a cousin of Luca, but my mother dont remember nothing else.

For certificate I ask to the Solopaca's office, but I am waiting for it, and I think that I will not have it


By Sergio
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by suanj »

Hi, look up this 1920 census:

Adelene Mondonaro
Paterson Ward 3, Passaic, New Jersey abt 1907

many thanks! regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by suanj »

sergio_bianchi wrote:I speak with my old mother, and she remembers that his father Luca came in USA two time, without family. And after he returned in Italy where in 1947 he died.

She remeber that was another Montanaro Luigi, brother of my grandfather, that same my grandfather came in Usa, and after reurned definitively in Italy.

She remember there was another brother named Angelo, that came in Usa and never returned.

She remeber a sister Palma, she never reurned too.

She remeber that there was a cousin of my grandfather named Adelina, that wanted call my mother in Usa.

Father of Luca was Giuseppe and he did not came in USA.

I think that the Guiseppe was a cousin of Luca, but my mother dont remember nothing else.

For certificate I ask to the Solopaca's office, but I am waiting for it, and I think that I will not have it


By Sergio
Sergio however we have a trace for to find the descendants..
-in fact in Luigi family are Adelina, so now we must follow the Luigi daughter traces, for to find some living descendants..

-More: if this Palma is your Palma( and I believe of yes) well in the census are:
1. Luigi head age 42 (in 1920) born in Italy abt 1878
2. Mary wife age 37 born in Italy abt 1883
3. Charlie brother???' age 17 born in NJ abt 1903 (who it is)
4. Adelina daughter age 13 born in NJ abt 1907
5. Palma sister age 25 born in Italy abt 1895
--------------------------------
perhaps in 1930 census we can find more info...


-This Giuseppe OF SHIP'S MANIFEST (2 MANIFEST) THAT CAME FOR 3 TIMES IN USA: 1896/8; 1901/9; 1912..? HE IS THE FATHER OF PALMA AND ANGELO FOR SURE SO BY DIRECT READING OF SHIP'S MANIFEST..
NOW i'M IN CONFUSION.. BECAUSE YOU SAY: THAT HE NEVER CAME IN USA...??

AS IT IS POSSIBLE THIS?
IN THE 1912 SHIP'S MANIFEST ARE WROTE THAT GIUSEPPE CAME FROM ANGELO SON IN PATERSON AND PALMA DAUGHTER ditto from BROTHER ANGELO IN PATERSON


so you can explane us better' regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by nuccia »

Suanj,

Here is the census for Adelene..

1920 United States Federal Census Recordinfo
about Adelene Mondonaro
Name: Adelene Mondonaro
[Adelene Mondonars]
Age: 13 years
Estimated birth year: abt 1907
Birthplace: New Jersey
Race: White
Home in 1920: Paterson Ward 3, Passaic, New Jersey
Sex: Female
Marital status: Single
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Image: 245

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/5254/imagex3oj.gif

Hope this helps
Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by suanj »

Hi nuccia thanks, yes this is the Sergio cousin's mother ... we must to search now the 1930 census almost.. no traces of Angelo again.. I cry!!! eheheh.. thanks, kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: anyone having accesss to the censuses search these data

Post by nuccia »

No problem...let me know if you need anything else. I have a presentation due at work tomorrow so I'm going to be working on it most of today but when I'm done I will help with the search. If you need anything linked in the meantime, let me know.
Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
Post Reply