I have found almost every birth certificate and marriage certificate going back to the late 1800s. My spouse's entire family is from 3 different little towns in Catanzaro but that was no problem.
There is one marriage certificate I cannot locate. My understanding is that a great grandfather was an orphan/adopted - yet I even found his birth certificate (which states this.) He then emigrated to the US around 1910 and was Naturalized in 1917 or 1918 but never got married. Then in the late 20's it seems he went back to Italy to marry a girl from Sellia and they came back together on a boat in 1927 permanently. He had lived with his adopted parents in Savuci/Fossatto Serralta until 1910. Both their hometowns are in Catanzaro.
(Neither of their birth certificates have notes in the margin about a later marriage unfortunately.)
Does anyone know what this arranged wedding would have been like - would they have married in his town, her town, or neither town - a mutual town? Would they have jumped on a boat in a week, a month or a year? I do not have any idea of the customs back then.
And does anyone know where I can find Marriage certificates from the late 20's for towns in Catanzaro? I could just search 1926 and 1927 in each town, but familysearch ends everything at basically 1910. Where are records after that?
I tried searching some Catholic records on family search but they aren't organized well and are missing a ton too. I can't tell which parish is where.
