Need help with names on marriage record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
miketrapani
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Jul 2020, 20:14

Need help with names on marriage record

Post by miketrapani »

I can only make out some of the names, if anyone could help make out the rest would be greatly appreciated...
Thank you!


10 October 1609

Vincenzo son of ? and Gaetana? di Trapani with Betta (could this be Elisabetta?) daughter of ? and Margarita ?


Source:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Need help with names on marriage record

Post by PippoM »

miketrapani wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 19:35 I can only make out some of the names, if anyone could help make out the rest would be greatly appreciated...
Thank you!


10 October 1609

Vincenzo son of it's an abbreviation, I'd say "bba", but I can't say what it stands for and Catarina di Trapani with Betta (could this be Elisabetta?) yes, it's possible daughter of Gasparo and Margarita di ? it must be a very common surname, to be shortened this way...


Source:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Need help with names on marriage record

Post by PippoM »

I was thinking that Betta might be "Benedetta", too.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
miketrapani
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Jul 2020, 20:14

Re: Need help with names on marriage record

Post by miketrapani »

Thank you!
Post Reply