Buona notte. Sto cercando il certificato di matrimonio del mio antenato italiano, nato a Furci nel 1857. Si chiamava Fulgenzio Racciatti. Sposato con Rosa Demartino, italiana, che non so dove e quando sia nata. Qualche suggerimento su dove iniziare a cercare?
La mia idea è di cercare Comune per Comune di Chieti dall'anno 1875 all'anno 1892 (anno in cui nacque il suo primo figlio in Argentina)
Rosa De Martino o Demartino
Re: Rosa De Martino o Demartino
Here is the birth act of Fulgenzio in Furci in 1857
#54
Birth on 9 September 1857
Mother :Eugenia Racciatti, 30
Father: unknown.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
I thought we might be lucky and find an annotation of his marriage on the record.
T.
#54
Birth on 9 September 1857
Mother :Eugenia Racciatti, 30
Father: unknown.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
I thought we might be lucky and find an annotation of his marriage on the record.
T.
Re: Rosa De Martino o Demartino
Related thread...
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... logy/45727
And...
Here is the Possible birth of Fulgenzio's mother in Furci in 1925.
#52
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
T.
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... logy/45727
And...
Here is the Possible birth of Fulgenzio's mother in Furci in 1925.
#52
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
T.
Re: Rosa De Martino o Demartino
Hey T, thanks for you support!
I already know about that post on this forum, we did it with my cousin Juan, and some good lady find out the birth document.
But now I need to find the marriage document. Can you tell me some advice about how to search it?
I'll try to search comune by comune in Chieti in the range of 1875 (when he was 18 yo) and 1892 (when his first child was born)
I already know about that post on this forum, we did it with my cousin Juan, and some good lady find out the birth document.
But now I need to find the marriage document. Can you tell me some advice about how to search it?
I'll try to search comune by comune in Chieti in the range of 1875 (when he was 18 yo) and 1892 (when his first child was born)
Re: Rosa De Martino o Demartino
That is a monumental job! And all the towns may not be available online.
That being said, if you want to start, here is a link to all the available towns online (at the antenati site) that may have the years you are seeking. Click on the town, choose Matrimoni (if you are lucky you may also see an annual or 10-year index you could search first), then choose the year you wish to search.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... +italiano/
I searched the years 1875 through 1892 in Furci, but there was no marriage there for Fulgenzio. Unfortunately, they did not have the Publication of Banns in the digital records. The banns were required to be posted in the hometown of both spouses. It would have told us the location of the marriage.
Good Luck!
EDIT TO ADD:
I decided to begin with the towns that border Furci, and where the surname Di Martino is found.
SUCCESS!!!
Here is the marriage of Fulgenzio Racciatti and Sabia Rosa Di Martino in Gissi in 1882.
#26
Dated 8 June 1882 in Gissi
Groom: Fulgenzio Racciatti, 24, farmer, born and residing in Furci, father unknown, mother is Eufemia Racciatti, residing in Furci.
Bride: Sabia Rosa Di Martino, 21, farmer, born and residing in Gissi, daughter of Raffaele [Di Martino] and of Rachela Ottaviano.
Publication of Banns in both Gissi and Furci on 21 and 28 May 1882.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 4.jpg.html
AND...
Possibly their first child, Antonio, born in 1884 in Gissi.
#49
Dated 4 march 1884, born on 3 March at 4:09 PM at the house in Via del Popolo #44.
Parents: Fulgenzio Racciatti and Sabia Rosa Di Martino
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html
Sadly...
Here is the death of the above child, Antonio, in Gissi in 1885 at age 12 months.
#33
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 9.jpg.html
T.
That being said, if you want to start, here is a link to all the available towns online (at the antenati site) that may have the years you are seeking. Click on the town, choose Matrimoni (if you are lucky you may also see an annual or 10-year index you could search first), then choose the year you wish to search.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... +italiano/
I searched the years 1875 through 1892 in Furci, but there was no marriage there for Fulgenzio. Unfortunately, they did not have the Publication of Banns in the digital records. The banns were required to be posted in the hometown of both spouses. It would have told us the location of the marriage.
Good Luck!
EDIT TO ADD:
I decided to begin with the towns that border Furci, and where the surname Di Martino is found.
SUCCESS!!!
Here is the marriage of Fulgenzio Racciatti and Sabia Rosa Di Martino in Gissi in 1882.
#26
Dated 8 June 1882 in Gissi
Groom: Fulgenzio Racciatti, 24, farmer, born and residing in Furci, father unknown, mother is Eufemia Racciatti, residing in Furci.
Bride: Sabia Rosa Di Martino, 21, farmer, born and residing in Gissi, daughter of Raffaele [Di Martino] and of Rachela Ottaviano.
Publication of Banns in both Gissi and Furci on 21 and 28 May 1882.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 4.jpg.html
AND...
Possibly their first child, Antonio, born in 1884 in Gissi.
#49
Dated 4 march 1884, born on 3 March at 4:09 PM at the house in Via del Popolo #44.
Parents: Fulgenzio Racciatti and Sabia Rosa Di Martino
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html
Sadly...
Here is the death of the above child, Antonio, in Gissi in 1885 at age 12 months.
#33
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 9.jpg.html
T.
Re: Rosa De Martino o Demartino
Good afternoon big T!
I really appreciate your help, I didn't think someone would find the document! Thank you so much !!!
Now I have another question.
You have also found a document, which certifies that they had a son named Antonio.
Well ...
Here in Argentina, they had a son, born on 06/26/1892 and baptized on 08/27/1892. The strange thing about this matter is that he was called Antonio Valentin Racciatti (in the document it is misspelled, like "Razziato" but in later documents it is well written, like "Racciatti")
Is it some kind of coincidence? Or at that time it was normal to use the same name for other children?
Link to Baptism document:
https://ibb.co/BVfY1Dy
Sorry for my english
I really appreciate your help, I didn't think someone would find the document! Thank you so much !!!
Now I have another question.
You have also found a document, which certifies that they had a son named Antonio.
Well ...
Here in Argentina, they had a son, born on 06/26/1892 and baptized on 08/27/1892. The strange thing about this matter is that he was called Antonio Valentin Racciatti (in the document it is misspelled, like "Razziato" but in later documents it is well written, like "Racciatti")
Is it some kind of coincidence? Or at that time it was normal to use the same name for other children?
Link to Baptism document:
https://ibb.co/BVfY1Dy
Sorry for my english
Re: Rosa De Martino o Demartino
Yes,it was very common to give the name of a deceased child to the next born of that gender.
The name Antonio was obviously very important to the couple.
T.
The name Antonio was obviously very important to the couple.
T.
Re: Rosa De Martino o Demartino
I really apreciated your help. I really don't know how to pay you. ♥
Re: Rosa De Martino o Demartino
Happy to help!!!mauri_mrc wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 00:21 I really apreciated your help. I really don't know how to pay you. ♥
Just pay it forward.
Note: I seem to have written that Fulgenzio's mother was Eugenia in the birth act. Her name was Eufemia. It should be noted that she is Epifania in the birth act for 1825, and Eufemia in the record of Fulgenzio's marriage.
T.
Re: Rosa De Martino o Demartino
Yes, I have noticed. No problem.
Now I have found all the necessary documents to become citizenship for reconstruction. Thank you very much!
Now I have found all the necessary documents to become citizenship for reconstruction. Thank you very much!

