Jure Sanguinis

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
italy96
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 04 Oct 2020, 23:47

Jure Sanguinis

Post by italy96 »

I am pursuing Italian citizenship through Jure Sanguinis and have a question about the process. For those of you who have already completed the process, did the consulate keep the documents you brought once their decision was made, or were they eventually returned to you?

I am collecting the various documents required on my family and I was hoping to keep them for my genealogy purposes. I just want to be prepared for how they handle the documents.
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Jure Sanguinis

Post by mler »

The consulate keeps the documents you submit. Order extras for your records.
Post Reply