Confusion over cause of death
Confusion over cause of death
Good evening. I am currently researching my family tree. However I am having some difficulties as most of the documents are in Italian! There has always been a story that my great,great grandmother died at the young age of 33 whilst combing her hair in front of the fire at her home in London, shoreditch. However on researching into my family tree and the records now available I was able to apply for her death certificate which came back that she died from tuberculosis? I then went on to find she also has a death certificate in Italian? Why does she have two? The writing is pretty much illegible and I can’t translate! My grandmother who is still with us was shocked to hear this. I wish my great grandmother was still here to tell her. She was just 4 years old when her mother died. Thank you for any advice.
Re: Confusion over cause of death
For us it's really difficult to help you if you don't post photos of her death certificate.
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Confusion over cause of death
Many Italian citizens who went to the UK continued to report births, deaths and marriages to the Italian Consulate and the Consulate then transferred these to the Comune of origin. It's not sinister, just normal for those who never intended to stay in the UK and did this reporting so their descendants would retain Italian citizenship.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
