possibly related US Census for Michele QUATRALE (cousin from manifest?)
1910 US Census
4-Wd Montclair, Essex, NJ
30 Glenridge Ave
Michele QUATRALE & family, 21 yrs old, store butcher
living with in-laws UCHHI?
1920 US Census
4-Wd, Montclair, Essex, NJ
14 Glenridge Ave
Michael QUADRELLO & family, 31 yrs old, expresso business
also mother-in-law UCCI
same census page: Louis Quadrell & family at 241 Bloomfield Ave,
38 yrs old, fruit? own store
1930 US Census
Montclair, Essex, NJ
59 Walnut St
Micheal QUADRIL & family, 40 yrs old, proprietor rigging?
also mother(-in-law) UCCI
Di Geronimo & Quatrale Families from Lacedonia, AV, Camp
Re: Di Geronimo & Quatrale Families from Lacedonia, AV,
Great job as usual, vj
"N'' is really going to hit the roof (or the floor?) when she sees the manifest for Michael.
1910 census
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3866/q19102cl.jpg
1920 census
http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/5862/q19202dn.jpg
1930 census
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/5391/q19307gs.jpg
...... You're welcome! 
"N'' is really going to hit the roof (or the floor?) when she sees the manifest for Michael.
1910 census
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3866/q19102cl.jpg
1920 census
http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/5862/q19202dn.jpg
1930 census
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/5391/q19307gs.jpg
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Di Geronimo & Quatrale Families from Lacedonia, AV,
Thanks vj for taking this on for me.......have spent most the weekend sleeping and eating lots of brodo........N should be surprised!!!!!!!!
Lisa
Lisa
Re: Di Geronimo & Quatrale Families from Lacedonia, AV,
Lisa, jcsm, Nuccia & shroud,
A real team effort on this one.
It's always a bonus & an honor to be able to contribute!
vj
A real team effort on this one.
It's always a bonus & an honor to be able to contribute!
vj
Re: Di Geronimo & Quatrale Families from Lacedonia, AV,
vj.....got your pm......thanks, today was easier than the last two days.......I even got brave and added pastini to the brodo!!!!!!!!
I just wish he could of been found on the 1930 census....
I can understand mangling the last name....but how do you mangle Michele/Michael???
Just a thought....but if there was family outside the state of Jersey.....maybe he was visiting them???
Will be happy when the 1940 census comes out.......think of the new avenues to be explored......
As always..........ItalianGenealogy members do awesome work!!!!!
Lisa
I just wish he could of been found on the 1930 census....
Just a thought....but if there was family outside the state of Jersey.....maybe he was visiting them???
Will be happy when the 1940 census comes out.......think of the new avenues to be explored......
As always..........ItalianGenealogy members do awesome work!!!!!
Lisa
Re: Di Geronimo & Quatrale Families from Lacedonia, AV,
Hello to all my friends at Italian Genealogy!
I apologize for not being able to check the posts for a couple of weeks. I changed jobs - took a few days off in between - and I don't have the internet at home. Now, I'm working too hard to spend much time on the computer!
Anyway, thanks to Lisa, JCSM & VJ for all of your efforts. I WAS very excited to see the information, although I think that the Michael Quadrel on the census(s) may be Louie's estranged brother. I know very little about the family because no one in my immediate family really bothered with them. We all - for generations - lived in this town but that family wasn't close to the rest of us. No one knew why the two brothers - and the subsequent generations of each - never spoke to each other (even ignored each other on the street, as they each had a prominent business in town.) By the time my generation rolled around none of us knew we were even related. I only found this out ten years ago!
I am disappointed and pretty confused about my grandfather's whereabouts. I do hope I find him soon!
With my gratitude,
Nunsiata
I apologize for not being able to check the posts for a couple of weeks. I changed jobs - took a few days off in between - and I don't have the internet at home. Now, I'm working too hard to spend much time on the computer!
Anyway, thanks to Lisa, JCSM & VJ for all of your efforts. I WAS very excited to see the information, although I think that the Michael Quadrel on the census(s) may be Louie's estranged brother. I know very little about the family because no one in my immediate family really bothered with them. We all - for generations - lived in this town but that family wasn't close to the rest of us. No one knew why the two brothers - and the subsequent generations of each - never spoke to each other (even ignored each other on the street, as they each had a prominent business in town.) By the time my generation rolled around none of us knew we were even related. I only found this out ten years ago!
I am disappointed and pretty confused about my grandfather's whereabouts. I do hope I find him soon!
With my gratitude,
Nunsiata



