Naples birth certificates and the alternatives

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
xxamerose
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 08 Mar 2021, 04:20

Naples birth certificates and the alternatives

Post by xxamerose »

Hi friends,

I am currently searching for the birth certificate of my great grandmother, Rosa. I am positive of the birthplace of her father and many generations before him in Monteforte Irpino, Avellino. Even though this town is pretty well documented and indexed, I can't find their mother, or Rosa, or her sister here. Additionally, on all American documents, the three women list their last residence and their place of birth as "Naples". This does give me confidence that perhaps Dad made his way to Naples and married and had children there, but I'm having trouble finding anything at all about any of the three women in Naples. I do have Rosa and her sister's correct full names and birth dates, but no dice in anything indexed. I also combed through a bunch of un-indexed records manually, to no avail. Does anyone have any advice on what else I can try to get more specific info on exactly where in Naples they might be?

Alternatively to this, does anyone know if, for example, that if the children were born in Naples, would they be added to the stato di famiglia in Monteforte Irpino at all? Is there anything I can try from that avenue?

And, if none of these work, are there any other forms of proof I could possibly use if I'm unable to locate the birth certificate?

Thanks for your help!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Naples birth certificates and the alternatives

Post by suanj »

write us the names of Rosa and sisters and birthyears and any detail..
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply