Ellis Island after 1920s

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
barruzza
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 05 Jun 2006, 00:00

Ellis Island after 1920s

Post by barruzza »

Where might I find the same information that
the Ellis Island web site provides for people
arriving after 1940? I cant find my parents
manifest or ship name. They arrived after
1949. They claim that they came through
Ellis Island.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Ellis Island after 1920s

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi,

I really don't know the answer, but I would email Ellis Island & ask.

info@ellisislandimmigrants.org <info@ellisislandimmigrants.org

Maybe, another member will have a better answer!

Let us know what you find out.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Ellis Island after 1920s

Post by wldspirit »

Not all indexes are online, you would need to consult microfilm for the port of entry.

http://archives.gov/genealogy/immigration/

wldspirit
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Ellis Island after 1920s

Post by nuccia »

barruzza,

If you will provide their names and years of birth we can check ancestry. Sometimes they show up there (I have found this with quite a few of my family members who arrived in the 1940's through NY.)

Hope this helps.
Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
Post Reply