Hi
I am seeking Italian citizenship via maternal side and my mother was born before 1948.. My paternal ancestors became US citizens before my parents was born. I know that the case needs to go to civil court in Italy - does anyone know a reasonably priced firm to handle it?
I am also trying to find birth and marriage certificates in Campobasso 1900- 1929
thanks for you help
Elisa
for Italian citizenship - fees civil court - 1948 rule
-
Lisaelisa60
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 10 Apr 2021, 05:47
Re: for Italian citizenship - fees civil court - 1948 rule
I'm using ICA for a 1948 case.
https://italiancitizenshipassistance.com/
So far so good, no issues but I'm at least 2 years + out, if not more, from the estimated time to completion.
In my case, I'm only Italian on my my Mother's side. My mother's father was born in the USA to Italian immigrants, but his father (my GGF) supposedly claimed "NA" on census records before 1912 (my grandfather was born in 1915). So ICA suggest this alone would be enough to flag a no go until I proved he did not naturalize (still in process) so they recommended using my GGM instead.
https://italiancitizenshipassistance.com/
So far so good, no issues but I'm at least 2 years + out, if not more, from the estimated time to completion.
In my case, I'm only Italian on my my Mother's side. My mother's father was born in the USA to Italian immigrants, but his father (my GGF) supposedly claimed "NA" on census records before 1912 (my grandfather was born in 1915). So ICA suggest this alone would be enough to flag a no go until I proved he did not naturalize (still in process) so they recommended using my GGM instead.
Re: for Italian citizenship - fees civil court - 1948 rule
You can send me a PM if you are interested in a quote.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

