Cardosi family from Lucca, Italy
-
crkahler12
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 20 Aug 2019, 20:05
Cardosi family from Lucca, Italy
Hello, I am trying to locate more information on my husband's family. He and his mother would like to apply for dual Italian/ US citizenship. I can find the members that came over from Lucca but I am having a hard time finding information from Italy. The family is Benjamin John Cardosi (Beniamino Giovanni Cardosi) 1847-1921. He married Carlotta Dini (same region). He immigrated to the US in 1887 aboard the Normandy. It appears his parents were Christopher (cris) Cardosi (Cardose?) and Margaret (Margherita) Chiappa. If you can provide any assistance I would appreciate it. I know they all came from Tuscany Province, Lucca County, Ghivizzano, Italy. My husband's great grandfather is Alamando Cardosi born in Italy in 1876, son of Benjamin.
Re: Cardosi family from Lucca, Italy
Welcome to IG website
Ghivizzano is a frazione (suburb) of comune di Coreglia Antelminelli so all the records will be storied there
Informazioni di Contatto
Comune di Coreglia Antelminelli
Piazza Antelminelli, 8
55025 – Coreglia Antelminelli – (LU)
Italy
Telefono: +39 0583 78152
Fax: +39 0583 78419
Cellulare Reperibilità: 335 215573
Responsabile della Protezione (DPO) dpo@comune.coreglia.lu.it
Marty
Ghivizzano is a frazione (suburb) of comune di Coreglia Antelminelli so all the records will be storied there
Informazioni di Contatto
Comune di Coreglia Antelminelli
Piazza Antelminelli, 8
55025 – Coreglia Antelminelli – (LU)
Italy
Telefono: +39 0583 78152
Fax: +39 0583 78419
Cellulare Reperibilità: 335 215573
Responsabile della Protezione (DPO) dpo@comune.coreglia.lu.it
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Cardosi family from Lucca, Italy
Hi crkahler12!
My family tree with several maternal branches goes back to the exact Cardosi couple you mention here. (I found this post by Googling them, actually.) Cristoforo Cardosi and Margherita Chiappa are my 6th generation great grandparents. Their children were all born in Ghivizzano in the comune of Coreglia Antelminelli but both Cristoforo and Margherita were originally born in Barga. I have digital images of some of their documents and could help you locate others, if need be. It's been a year and a half since you posted this but maybe I could help?
Send me a private message and I can connect with you.
-Patrick
My family tree with several maternal branches goes back to the exact Cardosi couple you mention here. (I found this post by Googling them, actually.) Cristoforo Cardosi and Margherita Chiappa are my 6th generation great grandparents. Their children were all born in Ghivizzano in the comune of Coreglia Antelminelli but both Cristoforo and Margherita were originally born in Barga. I have digital images of some of their documents and could help you locate others, if need be. It's been a year and a half since you posted this but maybe I could help?
Send me a private message and I can connect with you.
-Patrick
