Find and enjoy the pictures on your computer in seconds.

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Post Reply
User avatar
Edmondo
Staff
Staff
Posts: 778
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 00:00
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contact:

Find and enjoy the pictures on your computer in seconds.

Post by Edmondo »

A FREE software download from Google.

Picasa is software that helps you instantly find, edit and share all the pictures on your PC. Every time you open Picasa, it automatically locates all your pictures (even ones you forgot you had) and sorts them into visual albums organized by date with folder names you will recognize. You can drag and drop to arrange your albums and make labels to create new groups. Picasa makes sure your pictures are always organized.

Picasa also makes advanced editing simple by putting one-click fixes and powerful effects at your fingertips. And Picasa makes it a snap to share your pictures – you can email, print photos at home, make gift CDs, instantly share via Hello™, and even post pictures on your own blog.

Picasa is FREE and can be downloaded from ItalianGenealogy.com. A link to Picasa can e found at the left side of your screen.

By downloading and Installing Picasa you support ItalianGenealogy.com!
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Find and enjoy the pictures on your computer in seconds.

Post by nuccia »

Edmondo,

I was just on another forum where several members were complaining their computers crashed when they tried downloading this software. Have you yourself tried it or has any one else tried it? Any problems? I'm really interested in knowing because it sounds like a great program if it works.

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 739
Joined: 15 Feb 2006, 00:00
Location: The Alps - N.Italy

Re: Find and enjoy the pictures on your computer in seconds.

Post by elba »

I have used Picasa for some time....especially for my 'blog'. It saves so much time and I've never had any problems with it....
elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
User avatar
Edmondo
Staff
Staff
Posts: 778
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 00:00
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Find and enjoy the pictures on your computer in seconds.

Post by Edmondo »

I work with Picasa for a few weeks now and I think it is great. I had no problems installing the software at all.

Maybe they were discussing an older version of Picasa, the latest version can be downloaded here at ItalianGenealogy.com
nuccia wrote:Edmondo,

I was just on another forum where several members were complaining their computers crashed when they tried downloading this software. Have you yourself tried it or has any one else tried it? Any problems? I'm really interested in knowing because it sounds like a great program if it works.

Nuccia
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Find and enjoy the pictures on your computer in seconds.

Post by nuccia »

Thanks Elba and Edmondo for the replies.

I think I may try to download the program and see for myself. Will let you know how it goes! :D :D :D

Lots of great sponsors on this site. I've been looking at some of the websites and am impressed! :D

Nuccia
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Find and enjoy the pictures on your computer in seconds.

Post by nuccia »

After talking to several people and receiving photos from this site I have decided that it is definitely a great program! It works very well with google talk too if you use it or gmail.

Thanks for the great link.

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff
Posts: 879
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
Location: Westfield, MA.
Contact:

Re: Find and enjoy the pictures on your computer in seconds.

Post by JamesBianco »

Thanks for the heads up on Picasa, I LOVE it!! So incredibly easy to use.

:)
Post Reply