Hey all! This is my first post, and I promise I've used the search feature to make sure I'm not repeating any questions. But I'm sorry if I've missed something or if I'm posting in the wrong part of the forum.
My great-great grandfather is from Gioia Sannitica. I've already found his birth record online. I can pay for someone to collect it for me, but would rather go in person for the experience and the price savings.
Does anyone know if it is possible to make such a request in person, and if so can it be done in one day, or is it a multi-day affair? We're renting a car to go from Napoli out to Gioia Sannitica, but it's over the Christmas-Epiphany season, and I'm not sure if that will add complications.
Thank you, all!
Collecting Civil Records in Person (Gioia Sannitica)
Re: Collecting Civil Records in Person (Gioia Sannitica)
According to the timetable posted on their website, city hall offices in Gioia Sannitica are open on weekdays in the morning (8am to 2pm) and in the afternoon on Tuesday and Thursday (3pm to 6pm).
Public offices are usually closed on weekends, on Christmas day, boxing day (Dec. 26th) and New Year's day, while on Christmas and New Year's eves they could close earlier than usual.
Public offices are usually closed on weekends, on Christmas day, boxing day (Dec. 26th) and New Year's day, while on Christmas and New Year's eves they could close earlier than usual.
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Collecting Civil Records in Person (Gioia Sannitica)
Send them the request by email saying that you will pass by the office to pick up the document on (date).
Be sure to give them at lease two weeks.
Email a couple of days before your visit to remind them you want to pick up the document.
Be sure to take copies of all correspondence to present at the office.
Good luck.
Be sure to give them at lease two weeks.
Email a couple of days before your visit to remind them you want to pick up the document.
Be sure to take copies of all correspondence to present at the office.
Good luck.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Collecting Civil Records in Person (Gioia Sannitica)
Thank you, both! I'll send an email in November and follow up as recommended just before.
To confirm, this is the website where you found opening hours: http://www.comunegioiasannitica.it ? It redirects me to something called Halleyweb, but looks legitimate otherwise, so I want to be sure.
Thanks again!
To confirm, this is the website where you found opening hours: http://www.comunegioiasannitica.it ? It redirects me to something called Halleyweb, but looks legitimate otherwise, so I want to be sure.
Thanks again!

