Good afternoon all!
My great great grandfather came to the UK from the Genoa region in the 1850s and became known as Joseph. I am trying to look up his birth information on http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... aurazione/
Would Italians always take the exact English version of their name? In this case would he have been born Giuseppe? I am struggling to find his birth information using Giuseppe. I can find lots of Giacomo and Giovanni.
Any help would be much appreciated! Am hitting a brick wall.
Thanks! Emma
Changing to English version of name
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Changing to English version of name
If he was known as Joe rather than Joseph, then maybe you should consider Giovanni (Gio) pronounced Joe.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
