This might be a long shot...but, I'm interested in talking to anyone who is connected to the D'Annunzio family from Frosinone/Latina/Abruzzo in 1700/1800s.
My side of the family immigrated to Scotland in the early 1900s, and I believe other lines went to Liverpool and USA/Canada.
My great-great-grandfather was Giovanni D'Annunzio (b. 1873 in Latina) whose parents were Rafaele (b.1823) D'Annunzio and Maria Valente (b. 1847). He married Filomena Arcari in 1902 in Latina. I was recently sent a family tree from another family member which was created by a J. D'Annunzio from Canada that appears to trace back the blood line to Donato D'Annunzio from Abruzzo born around 1720.
Again, appreciate this is a long shot but if there is anyone here connected to this family line that would be interested in talking to me then please say hello! I'm trying to source as accurate a picture I can, and any further information or documents pertaining to this blood line would be amazing to see.
Keeping my fingers crossed!
Seeking D'Annunzio's from Latina
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Seeking D'Annunzio's from Latina
Giovanni D'Annunzio was baptized 30 April 1872 son of Raffaele and Maria Valente in VILLA Latina. His father Raffaele was not born in 1823 and if Giovanni married Filomena Arcari it wasn't in Villa Latina.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
-
Shellyroo17
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 12 May 2021, 02:03
Re: Seeking D'Annunzio's from Latina
Hi,
Can you tell me how/where you found Giovanni's baptism record and why you believe they weren't married in Villa Latina as this contradicts what I've heard from family members, however I have no legal records of where/when their marriage took place.
Can you tell me how/where you found Giovanni's baptism record and why you believe they weren't married in Villa Latina as this contradicts what I've heard from family members, however I have no legal records of where/when their marriage took place.
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Seeking D'Annunzio's from Latina
I research in the Province of Frosinone and Latina and I recognized the surnames as being from Villa Latina/Picinisco. I have a copy of the parish census and found him listed with the same parents that you mentioned.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.