I need your help to identify a village or a frazione
I found several references to this toponym but no village or frazione with this name (Monte Berto).
It is about 'Donato Marino born in Monteberto' around 1888.
I have no other info.
I don't know which part of italy
His first daughter was born in Scerni in 1909. He was 21 years old and was married to Rosaria Cavaliere.
There are no indications of places on the birth certificate according to the municipality.
In 1911 and 1924, two children were born in Altino.
I have already checked the registers of all the municipalities in the province of Chieti but without results.
Monteberto is quoted in the information communicated by his daughter upon her arrival in Belgium.
Have you found his marriage record?
Where was Rosaria Cavaliere from?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
No, I didn’t find his marriage record.
I don't have any info on Rosaria. She died in Torino di Sangro between 1940 and 1950. I have repeatedly requested information from Torino di Sangro but they do not respond to my requests.
He remarried and died in Lanciano.
I have unfortunately only these facts without dates and without places except that of "Monteberto" ...
And do you have his death record? It should mention his place of birth,
Or the record of his second marriage.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
I thought ..... if "Monteberto" wasn't the contraction of a longer name, that is Montebello di Bertona in Pescara province, abt 1 car's hour far from Scerni... in effects it was a Donato MARINI ( no Marino, but Marini) born on 1888 in Montebello di Bertona
however I don't think he married twice... Or he was no married to Rosaria Cavaliere or he no remarried in Lanciano but just had a partner...
this is just a my thought...
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website: ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH