Do I qualify?
Do I qualify?
Hi, my father was an Italian citizen at the time of my birth by naturalisation(still is). However, I was born abroad to a non Italian mother and do not live in Italy. Any way I qualify through the JS route?
Re: Do I qualify?
Can you please explain better about your father?
He was not Italian and became Italian? In which way? Did he immigrated to Italy, asked Italian citizenship and then reemigrated? And your mother was not living in Italy? If they were married, she probably became Italian.
In any case if your father was Italian you are Italian, not relevant the status of your mother, Italian or not, married or not.
Can you tell in which Country you are living and your citizenship?
He was not Italian and became Italian? In which way? Did he immigrated to Italy, asked Italian citizenship and then reemigrated? And your mother was not living in Italy? If they were married, she probably became Italian.
In any case if your father was Italian you are Italian, not relevant the status of your mother, Italian or not, married or not.
Can you tell in which Country you are living and your citizenship?
Re: Do I qualify?
What was the date of your parents’ marriage? Were you living with your father when he naturalized? I ask the second question because to pass Italian citizenship to his minor child, the child must have been residing with him.

