other place to find arrivals???

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: other place to find arrivals???

Post by nuccia »

Ally and Trish,

Maybe the 2 of you should hook up and meet us...St. Clair was awesome last night. My sons were on City Pulse Maria...wanted to call and tell you but I found out too late and almost missed it myself! If Trish and Ally could come for the game then we could have a real party, no?

Ally, I like New Jersey. Dad used to take us to the Fruit auction there when we were younger and he had to buy for the store we owned. We'd all pile up in the Station Wagon..you remember those. They were around during the time of the slides.. :lol: :lol:

Trish, lots of nice looking men on St. Clair (some are pretty hot) so I'm sure we could work something out to make your visit more "enjoyable".

Maria, forget dinner next week...lets pray for a win on Saturday and we can meet on St Clair for Italian Sausages..we could walk from my house!

Let me know what you think.

Hugs To All
Nuccia :D
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: other place to find arrivals???

Post by mfjp »

It's exciting to see all the Italian flags out there... and flags of other parts of the world... lots of soccer spirit here in Toronto. Flags on cars.... windows... roof tops... people wearing their countries colours... T-shirts... caps ... you name it... people singing "Ole..ole ole....o..."

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2223/bugssoccer7if.jpg

My hubby painted this on our garage door a few years ago...

Maria
p.s. Nuccia... I will give you a shout... Saturday should be an interesting day here in Toronto eh? Can anyone watch soccer sitting down?

p.s Trish... yes.. lots of good looking men on St. Clair.. if we can't find one here.. we can introduce you to the guys at our FHC... :wink:

p.s. Alley.. and you? We can look for a nice Italian guy from Woodbridge or Kleinburg
User avatar
inejenn
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 11 Jun 2006, 00:00
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: other place to find arrivals???

Post by inejenn »

Can anyone help me find immigration record for my ancestor Pietro Paulucci who came to York, England c1780? I have been advised to check on passenger lists and also routes through France, but having spent several days trying to find out any links :( I am appealing to you wonderful people for help!! I don't have much information apart from his arrival in York around 1780 (aged approx 20) as a Merchant Trader. I have checked with York archives but they have no record and neither have the Merchant Adventurers. I am sure he must be listed somewhere on a passenger list, but where do I look??? I have also tried to find his Naturalisation record but no success there either, although he remained in England until his death in 1855. ANY help would be much appreciated! :?
User avatar
ally
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 129
Joined: 29 Sep 2004, 00:00
Location: united states
Contact:

Re: other place to find arrivals???

Post by ally »

Hey guys, :D

Been off the site for a little bit. Been busy with the kids, no school, my vacation is over until Sept. ( :lol: )

Of course if I ever find myself up your way I will let you know. Starting to get tired of NJ shore, Florida etc. Need new sites to see, adventures, lol!!
Really want to go to Italy but too expensive. Have to wait until next year MAYBE!!

As for a nice italian guy Maria, have one already- been 24 yrs. Since High School (more then half my life, oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!! ) Anyhow, who wants to go thru all that breaking them in and such again!!! Just dating would be my thing, no long term anything, to much of a hassle!!! Ha-ha-ha!!!

But if ever I am in the postion I will take you up on it, LOL!!!!

Anyway, update, no death record of my Larry Vernelux, born on 5/1900 nor a birth record. I checked the cemetery last Friday, no listing for a Larry in family cemetery. Found the graves of Francesco and girls - no marker! But found the section anyhow.

Any other ideas on obtaining the birth/death as he is not alive in 1910 with this family of Vernelux, aka Vernaglia. Street address of Vernelux (Vernaglia 1900 Hoboken) is correct as the cousins lived on same street also Adams in Hoboken, NJ.

The only thing I can think of, is someone mentioned once in an email, that sometimes woman used their own midwives in early 1900's and that they were not registered with the state????

I can understand that, as I cannot find none of the sisters births of my gram Rose in NJ or NY. Yet they all claimed they were born in US. And Monte San Giacomo papers only list my gram as being born in Italy with family. Oh well, this is going to drive me insane. I get one brick wall then it leads me to another one. Isn't life wonderful!

Well, thanks for the offer a nice male Italian friend and to hang out. Who knows maybe one day I will email Trish and see if she wants to go for a ride!!!

Later,

Alice
Post Reply