I just became aware of a cousin that was born in Brescia, Italy and emigrated to the USA.
Several documents popped up associated with him on the Family Search site as indexed records.
One of them is an extracted emigration record. Luigi was 1 at the time of the emigration. I have not been able to locate who brought him over to the United States or find him in a census record.
I did locate his death record in Vermont in 1963.
I am wanting to find his emigration record and the name of his spouse in the US. Also a census record.
Here is what I know.
Luigi Giuseppe Santo Bonini
born 22 Oct 1894
Vobarno, Brescia, Italy
Died 7 Oct 1863
Slundland, Vermont, United States
Parents
Vincenzo Bonini
and
Margarita Sella
Born 16 July 1859
Teglie, Vobarno, Brescia, Italy
Died 21 Oct 1938
Brescia, Brescia, Italy
I have not found were his parents emigrated to the US either.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Trevisan2
Luigi Bonini of Brescia, Italy
- trevisan2
- Master

- Posts: 639
- Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 00:00
- Location: Utah, Mareno di Piave (TV)
- Contact:
Luigi Bonini of Brescia, Italy
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona
Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona
Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
Re: Luigi Bonini of Brescia, Italy
If he is the one who arrived on Nov 14th, 1896 on ship La Touraine, he was with Francesca Bonini, 27 years old
https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... 4001157609
I don't know if you can see it. If you want, I'll try to upload it later.
https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... 4001157609
I don't know if you can see it. If you want, I'll try to upload it later.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
- trevisan2
- Master

- Posts: 639
- Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 00:00
- Location: Utah, Mareno di Piave (TV)
- Contact:
Re: Luigi Bonini of Brescia, Italy
Thank you.
I will have to review the other page, on the Ellis Island site to see more of the details.
Regards,
Trevisan2
I will have to review the other page, on the Ellis Island site to see more of the details.
Regards,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona
Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona
Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO