Brickwall with finding the home village

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
timfly
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 29
Joined: 21 Aug 2021, 04:38

Brickwall with finding the home village

Post by timfly »

Hello!

I am trying to find where Dominick came from. Below is a draft card from world war 2. It lists his home country as Naples, Italy, that's quite big area. In a 1940 census it lists his arrival as 1910. I know he was married to a Rose Bianco in NY, Is anyone able to assist me?



https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... Id=1300264
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Brickwall with finding the home village

Post by suanj »

Can post you the Dominick surname and WWII draft card? Without a ancestry.com account it is no possible to see the record
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
timfly
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 29
Joined: 21 Aug 2021, 04:38

Re: Brickwall with finding the home village

Post by timfly »

Elena 3.jpg
Sorry about that! Here it is.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Brickwall with finding the home village

Post by suanj »

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 3AKXYK-XMY
born on 15 Feb 1885
however by his ships' manifest he was born in Marsico Nuovo, father Giovanni in Marsico Nuovo and joining to his sister Francesca in Brooklyn, New York, NY and birthplace Palermo? Wrong sure!!
Image
https://i.postimg.cc/vZN2hmVW/lomanto.png
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
timfly
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 29
Joined: 21 Aug 2021, 04:38

Re: Brickwall with finding the home village

Post by timfly »

It must be wrong, but I just finished doing, Domenico's son's wife family tree, and they were all from Marsico Nuovo. But I will keep it in te back of my mind, Thank you so much for your time!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Brickwall with finding the home village

Post by suanj »

I believe that the right spelling is Paterno, no Palermo, Paterno is near Marsico Nuovo. Paterno until 1973 was a Marsico Nuovo hamlet..
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply