French birth certificate help?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
lrc1123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 21 Aug 2019, 20:27

French birth certificate help?

Post by lrc1123 »

I am eligible for italilan citizenship JS through my great-great grandfather. The issue is that his wife and my great-great grandmother I believe I tracked down to Marseille France for her birth. I am having the most difficult time figuring out how to order her birth certificate though, has anyone else been able to do so? I found a form online that I think would have worked, but it said it needed the birth date do be less than 120 (she was born 1888).

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
cedrone
Master
Master
Posts: 627
Joined: 23 Feb 2020, 22:01

Re: French birth certificate help?

Post by cedrone »

I didn't understand the question.
Have you already found the birth act online?
As to how to ask a certificate probably you may find instructions on the website of the town.
If the parents were not resident there at the moment of the birth, but still in Italy, it should have been registered also in the Comune of residence in Italy, and a certificate could be asked also there.
Post Reply