Requesting a Birth Certificate in Mistretta

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
irace
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Oct 2021, 02:21

Requesting a Birth Certificate in Mistretta

Post by irace »

I am looking to obtain an Original Extended Certified Copy of my great-grandfather's birth certificate from Mistretta, Sicily. I reached out to the Comune directly through email with all of the relevant documents in July and never got a response. I was wondering if anybody knows of a better way to reach the Comune di Mistretta directly or perhaps knows of locals who offer this service at a reasonable price before I spend a fortune on one of the larger companies.

I have an image of the original birth record from Mistretta that shows the record number and all the relevant information, I just need someone to obtain the certified copy and mail it to New York.

I appreciate any help!
User avatar
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite
Posts: 398
Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 20:05
Location: California

Re: Requesting a Birth Certificate in Mistretta

Post by TerraLavoro »

I have not hired him myself, but Giovanni Montanti is located in Sicily. Others have had success in hiring him to obtain records from unresponsive comunes. Maybe you give him a try.
http://www.sicilyvideo.it/eng/ricercheg ... giche.html
TerraLavoro
Post Reply