Looking for Parents of Rose Castellano/a

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Post Reply
User avatar
rp76226
Master
Master
Posts: 2130
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 17:00

Looking for Parents of Rose Castellano/a

Post by rp76226 »

Rose Castellano was born on 13 August 1913. She married Giovanni Gaetano (John Thomas) Puma on 12 October 1935 in Brooklyn, NY. Marriage Certificate # 17254. Looking for her parents and also her date of death. I've seen her surname spelled as Castellano (marriage record) and also Castellana (SS record).

Ron
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Looking for Parents of Rose Castellano/a

Post by suanj »

I believe that Rose and John Thomas moved in Vermont and died here.... on ancestry.com there the record, but by de luxe account... by 1940 census the family was in Broklyn... and little Thomas was born on 1939... Rose was born in Italy and naturalized at this time.. I don't know how much accurate is the her birthdate provided but in brokln was a Silvestro Castellana and had children: Alfonso, Josephine, Rose (born in Italy), and Virginia( born in New York) and the family coming from Aragona, sicily, IT. But this Rose was born on 22 jun 1912 so cannot be the your Rose...
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
rp76226
Master
Master
Posts: 2130
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 17:00

Re: Looking for Parents of Rose Castellano/a

Post by rp76226 »

The son, Thomas John Puma, died in Vermont on April 17, 1999. However, John Thomas Puma his father and husband of Rose died in Islip, NY on December 17, 1967. He remarried Evelyn Sullivan and had two children with her after Rose had died about 1949. Both those children were born in NY.
Post Reply