Hello All,
My family is beginning our process of getting our 1948 case ready. We are doing it through my great-grandmother, who arrived in Canada a week before marrying my great-grandfather, and they got married, and because of the laws in Canada at the time, my great-grandmother involuntarily became a Canadian citizen because of my great-grandfather, thus keeping her Italian citizenship. I have been in contact with lawyers who say we have a clear and strong case, but I wanted to know:
-Who are some good lawyers for 1948 cases that are successful
-Is there anyone else who has a case similar to ours that would like to PM me and share with me their story? I feel like mine is a bit of a unique one!
Thank you!
1948 Cases - Good Lawyers & Forced Marriage
Re: 1948 Cases - Good Lawyers & Forced Marriage
I'm using ICA, they have a great success rate with 1948 cases, even sent me a list of cases they won.
Re: 1948 Cases - Good Lawyers & Forced Marriage
Hi everyone!
Got room for another 1948 case? I signed my contract with ICA in late September 2021 and paid the first installment. It’s been 4 months and I’m incredibly impressed. The employee assigned to my case is in contact with me multiple times per week as necessary. We’re getting all the vital records from several states.
My Italian born mother unintentionally broke the line when her parents naturalized in the US when she was a minor. Therefore, I’m going through my Great Great Grandma on my dad’s side. Not too many discrepancies I think - Her name is Maddalena on her birth and marriage certificates, but then Maria on her husband’s naturalizion papers and from then onward. Her address on her marriage cert matches the address on his naturalizion doc that lists her as Maria. The city of birth and her date of birth is also consistent.
We were just about done gathering documents when Surprise! I got my parents’ marriage cert and my dad is listed as divorced. Which I never knew about. We found the divorce listed in an old newspaper clipping and now trying to find when and where in the hell he got married since the divorce papers didn’t say.
It’s been great reading all of your stories to keep me optimistic. Good luck to everyone!
Got room for another 1948 case? I signed my contract with ICA in late September 2021 and paid the first installment. It’s been 4 months and I’m incredibly impressed. The employee assigned to my case is in contact with me multiple times per week as necessary. We’re getting all the vital records from several states.
My Italian born mother unintentionally broke the line when her parents naturalized in the US when she was a minor. Therefore, I’m going through my Great Great Grandma on my dad’s side. Not too many discrepancies I think - Her name is Maddalena on her birth and marriage certificates, but then Maria on her husband’s naturalizion papers and from then onward. Her address on her marriage cert matches the address on his naturalizion doc that lists her as Maria. The city of birth and her date of birth is also consistent.
We were just about done gathering documents when Surprise! I got my parents’ marriage cert and my dad is listed as divorced. Which I never knew about. We found the divorce listed in an old newspaper clipping and now trying to find when and where in the hell he got married since the divorce papers didn’t say.
It’s been great reading all of your stories to keep me optimistic. Good luck to everyone!


