citizenship recognised, now what?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
dannyjosa
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 36
Joined: 09 Nov 2020, 23:52

citizenship recognised, now what?

Post by dannyjosa »

Hello Ciao!

So, the Consulate told me my claim is recognised! They are now doing my Comune/AIRE registration, once that completes I may apply for a passport. They say that the speed of my "finalization of the AIRE registration depends on the Comune".

Now what, does anyone know how long I can expect to wait? I am with the Comune of Rome if that helps.

Grazie!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: citizenship recognised, now what?

Post by suanj »

a minimum of 3 months..
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: citizenship recognised, now what?

Post by Italysearcher »

https://fb.watch/aLvzAqDx8u/

This will explain the procedure once your papers arrive in Italy..
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Post Reply