Family Search has these index cards from the New York, New York, Index to Passengers Lists of Vessels, 1897-1902 (see attached).
Are such records available elsewhere for NY for other years or for other destinations, like Boston?
Note some cards have the name of the person accompanied by which ship manifests don't have.
Index Cards
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Index Cards
I had never seen this record collection, it looks like a good source of information. Unfortunately, the cards for my ancestor are illegible.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Index Cards
I'm not sure they are cards per se (maybe they are pages) but, yes, many of those records are faded.
In the upper right hand corner there's a place for "accompanied by" if applicable.
In general, these records are a good resource to double-check information on ship manifests or as an alternative to ship manifests which aren't readable.
I wonder if they are also available for other years and/or other destinations.
In the upper right hand corner there's a place for "accompanied by" if applicable.
In general, these records are a good resource to double-check information on ship manifests or as an alternative to ship manifests which aren't readable.
I wonder if they are also available for other years and/or other destinations.

