Birth record missing?! (Cinquefrondi, Reggio di Calabria)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
pricklypear
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 41
Joined: 10 Oct 2021, 10:27
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Birth record missing?! (Cinquefrondi, Reggio di Calabria)

Post by pricklypear »

Hi all,

I've been trying to locate a birth record for a Rosaria Valenzisi, born to parents Giuseppe, and Catarina Misiano in Cinquefrondi, Reggio di Calabria. I have a death record for her - she died 18 February 1835, at 'mesi nove' (nine months) which means she was born around May 1834. However, I cannot locate her birth registration?! I even checked 1833 and nothing.
Here is 1834: http://codh.rois.ac.jp/software/iiif-cu ... 88&lang=en

I've checked a few of the surrounding towns (Anoia, Maropati, Polistena) and nothing there either but it does say on the death record she was born in Cinquefrondi.

Can anyone help? Quite puzzled. I even checked the entire list of names in case she was a 'Antonia Rosaria' for example. Is there a chance they never registered her at all?

Lastly, I cannot for the life of me locate the marriage record for Giuseppe and Catarina. I think I've searched between 1814 and 1837 (in Cinquefrondi) and haven't found anything (but if Rosaria was born in 1834 it's likely they were married before this time).
Have checked a few surrounding towns as well but again, have come up stumps.

Appreciate any assistance, grazie.
Researching the following:
From Basilicata: D'Amato, Caruso, Pinto, Montano, Logiodice, Bonadies
From Calabria: Natale, Cartisano, Valenzisi, Pentimalli, Minasi
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Birth record missing?! (Cinquefrondi, Reggio di Calabria)

Post by PippoM »

Hello,
do you have Giuseppe's and/or Carolina's death records?
They should state where they were born, and that may be where they were married.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
pricklypear
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 41
Joined: 10 Oct 2021, 10:27
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: Birth record missing?! (Cinquefrondi, Reggio di Calabria)

Post by pricklypear »

No, however I came across a FamilySearch record that said Giuseppe's father was from Giffone. And I've just found Rosaria's birth registration from Giffone!!! Amazing... Finally!

I'm now wondering whether Giuseppe and Catarina were married in Giffone too (and moved to Cinquefrondi later where they had their other children). It could be the reason why I haven't been able to find anything about them, looking in the wrong town completely. There seems to be a LOT more Valenzisi's in these records.
Researching the following:
From Basilicata: D'Amato, Caruso, Pinto, Montano, Logiodice, Bonadies
From Calabria: Natale, Cartisano, Valenzisi, Pentimalli, Minasi
pricklypear
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 41
Joined: 10 Oct 2021, 10:27
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: Birth record missing?! (Cinquefrondi, Reggio di Calabria)

Post by pricklypear »

Yep, found their marriage in 1829, Giffone! :)
Researching the following:
From Basilicata: D'Amato, Caruso, Pinto, Montano, Logiodice, Bonadies
From Calabria: Natale, Cartisano, Valenzisi, Pentimalli, Minasi
Post Reply