Ciro Iandoli, Avellino 1892
Ciro Iandoli, Avellino 1892
In search of great uncle Ciro Iandoli birth, marriage and death records. Born circa 1892, son of Nicolo Iandoli 1864 and Petronilla Rizzo 1867 in Avellino, Avellino, Campania.
Not sure if he emigrated to USA but found a Ciro Iandoli who emigrated in 1911/1912 born in June 1892 on passenger list. I don’t think this Ciro is him since his marriage record in Brooklyn lists Luigi as his father. I’m pretty sure he lived and died in Avellino area. I know he had children but have no other info.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
JCM
Not sure if he emigrated to USA but found a Ciro Iandoli who emigrated in 1911/1912 born in June 1892 on passenger list. I don’t think this Ciro is him since his marriage record in Brooklyn lists Luigi as his father. I’m pretty sure he lived and died in Avellino area. I know he had children but have no other info.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
JCM
Re: Ciro Iandoli, Avellino 1892
By decade index of Avellino births
Nobody Ciro Iandoli born on 1892 in Avellino. Just one on 1891 #119 but son of Ferdinando and Carmela Stellato...
Another born on 1888 #287 son of Vincenzo and Concetta Tuli.. (unreadable)..
Then with Iandolo surname: a Ciro born on 1891 #554 and different parents also; another born on 1893 #108 ditto. another born on 1894 #103 ditto..
You are sure that your Ciro was born in Avellino ?
Nobody Ciro Iandoli born on 1892 in Avellino. Just one on 1891 #119 but son of Ferdinando and Carmela Stellato...
Another born on 1888 #287 son of Vincenzo and Concetta Tuli.. (unreadable)..
Then with Iandolo surname: a Ciro born on 1891 #554 and different parents also; another born on 1893 #108 ditto. another born on 1894 #103 ditto..
You are sure that your Ciro was born in Avellino ?
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Ciro Iandoli, Avellino 1892
Well his two bros were born in Avellino in 1890 and 1894. Ciro was the name of third bro given to me by living uncle. Maybe he’s wrong about the name or even if there’s another brother! LOL
Thank you very much for searching this for me. I will try to get more info.
Thank you very much for searching this for me. I will try to get more info.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Ciro Iandoli, Avellino 1892
Did he marry Annunziata Ascolese and have a daughter Raffaella?
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Ciro Iandoli, Avellino 1892
or was his wife Maria Melillo?
Re: Ciro Iandoli, Avellino 1892
Have no info on Ciro…or if there is really a Ciro. His bros, Cosimo 1890 and Consolato 1894 birth records found in Avellino commune as well as parents birth and marriage records there. I’m sure there is a third son born in 1892 whose family currently lives in Bellizzi area but not sure if Ciro is his name.
Nicolo, Cosimo, Consalato came to US but no record of Petronilla coming.
Nicolo, Cosimo, Consalato came to US but no record of Petronilla coming.
Re: Ciro Iandoli, Avellino 1892
Nicola came in USA on 1898, first trip the surname is spelled Iandolo
https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/pa ... VzdCI7cola came in USA on 1898
the other trip on 1901 and last residence was Bellizzi
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... A6ZQ6-9JZ1
Bellizzi really is Bellizzi Irpino, a hamlet of Avellino.. so to say Bellizzi Irpino and to say Avellino, however is Avellino town... and Bellizzi Irpino had own civil records..
but on 1910 when Cosimo went in USA joining to brother in law Raffaele Picariello, the residence of family was in Avellino and Petronilla was alive on 1910 https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/pa ... 5pZmVzdCI7
In Bellizzi Irpino was born on 1892 a Ciro Iandoli but having different parents
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... _id=444932
so I believe that it is necessary to do a thorough search in the civil records of Avellino and Bellizzi Irpino and check all the births to look for Ciro ...
regards,
suanj
https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/pa ... VzdCI7cola came in USA on 1898
the other trip on 1901 and last residence was Bellizzi
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... A6ZQ6-9JZ1
Bellizzi really is Bellizzi Irpino, a hamlet of Avellino.. so to say Bellizzi Irpino and to say Avellino, however is Avellino town... and Bellizzi Irpino had own civil records..
but on 1910 when Cosimo went in USA joining to brother in law Raffaele Picariello, the residence of family was in Avellino and Petronilla was alive on 1910 https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/pa ... 5pZmVzdCI7
In Bellizzi Irpino was born on 1892 a Ciro Iandoli but having different parents
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... _id=444932
so I believe that it is necessary to do a thorough search in the civil records of Avellino and Bellizzi Irpino and check all the births to look for Ciro ...
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Ciro Iandoli, Avellino 1892
Thx so much for this new info.
I knew about Cosimo 1910, Consolato 1913 and Nicolo 1898 arrival in USA. I don’t know if Petronilla came also tho and not know she was alive in 1910 in US or Italy. Nicolo was killed in construction accident in NYC in late 1900s.
My living uncle, son of Cosimo, told me that remaining Iandolo family is living in Bellizzi. He says Ciro is definitely other son name but no one can find his birth record in Bellizzi or Avellino commune. Uncle has visited Ciro family in Bellizzi over 20 years ago.
I did look up Iandolo name in Pagine Bianche directory and found a Ciro Iandolo name and address…as well as over 25 other Iandolos! Popular name in Avellino province I see. I will write to this Ciro in Italy to see if a relative .
You are very kind to research this Ciro for me!
I knew about Cosimo 1910, Consolato 1913 and Nicolo 1898 arrival in USA. I don’t know if Petronilla came also tho and not know she was alive in 1910 in US or Italy. Nicolo was killed in construction accident in NYC in late 1900s.
My living uncle, son of Cosimo, told me that remaining Iandolo family is living in Bellizzi. He says Ciro is definitely other son name but no one can find his birth record in Bellizzi or Avellino commune. Uncle has visited Ciro family in Bellizzi over 20 years ago.
I did look up Iandolo name in Pagine Bianche directory and found a Ciro Iandolo name and address…as well as over 25 other Iandolos! Popular name in Avellino province I see. I will write to this Ciro in Italy to see if a relative .
You are very kind to research this Ciro for me!
Re: Ciro Iandoli, Avellino 1892
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... _id=438143 16/115
Nicola Iandolo and Petronilla Rizzo were married in Avellino 9 Feb 1889, both having been born in Avellino.
Avellino is where the bulk of my research is, Iandolo and Picariello are very common names in this area.
There are plenty of little villages nearby to check.
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... _id=438415 153/415
Raffaele Consolato Iandolo born 17 May 1892 in Avellino to parents Nicola Iandolo, 28, and Petronilla Rizzo
Nicola Iandolo and Petronilla Rizzo were married in Avellino 9 Feb 1889, both having been born in Avellino.
Avellino is where the bulk of my research is, Iandolo and Picariello are very common names in this area.
There are plenty of little villages nearby to check.
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... _id=438415 153/415
Raffaele Consolato Iandolo born 17 May 1892 in Avellino to parents Nicola Iandolo, 28, and Petronilla Rizzo
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
Re: Ciro Iandoli, Avellino 1892
So the surname is IANDOLO and no Iandoli...
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Ciro Iandoli, Avellino 1892
If Raffaele Consolato Iandolo was born on may 1892, it could be no probable that a Ciro was born on same year from same couple.......
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Ciro Iandoli, Avellino 1892
here the Avellino decade birth index 1886/1895 https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... _id=438297
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Ciro Iandoli, Avellino 1892
Suanj,
I went thru the birth records for 1892-1896 for Avellino commune in Antenati as you suggested. I think I like the new format for the site.
Well guess what I found….no Ciro in 1892 but Raffaele Consolato isn’t one person….TWINS born 5/17/1892…Raffaele AND Consolato.
I don’t think they lived very long tho…birth record #382. I was hoping you can check the birth record for me since I can’t read Italian very well…but I think I deciphered it correctly. Maybe you can post a translation here for me of this birth record. I haven’t figured out how to use translation app for Italian records. The funny thing is that the 2nd Consolato 1894…I found his birth record long ago and saved in FS…also had a set of twin boys in USA in 1932!
I found no Ciro, son of Nicolo and Petronilla, in Avellino or Bellizzi Irpino communes for 1892-1896 Nati records. I’m sure all their children born in Avellino commune. I checked all birth records for all Iandolo births..male or female. NO CIRO!
I am perplexed now about Raffaele Picariello as brother in law that Cosimo Iandolo came to US in 1910 to live with per the arrival record you found for Cosimo. If he was BIL than there has to be a daughter of Nicolo and Petronilla somewhere. Raffaele born Avellino circa 1883 per his first 1898 arrival record you found. He also arrived US in 1902 and 1912 I found no female birth record with Nicolo as father in 1892-1896 Avellino. This is a new wrinkle in my search. Picariello family definitely related to Iandolos since have Picariello cousins in US…I just don’t know how yet.
Thx so much for your help
I went thru the birth records for 1892-1896 for Avellino commune in Antenati as you suggested. I think I like the new format for the site.
Well guess what I found….no Ciro in 1892 but Raffaele Consolato isn’t one person….TWINS born 5/17/1892…Raffaele AND Consolato.
I don’t think they lived very long tho…birth record #382. I was hoping you can check the birth record for me since I can’t read Italian very well…but I think I deciphered it correctly. Maybe you can post a translation here for me of this birth record. I haven’t figured out how to use translation app for Italian records. The funny thing is that the 2nd Consolato 1894…I found his birth record long ago and saved in FS…also had a set of twin boys in USA in 1932!
I found no Ciro, son of Nicolo and Petronilla, in Avellino or Bellizzi Irpino communes for 1892-1896 Nati records. I’m sure all their children born in Avellino commune. I checked all birth records for all Iandolo births..male or female. NO CIRO!
I am perplexed now about Raffaele Picariello as brother in law that Cosimo Iandolo came to US in 1910 to live with per the arrival record you found for Cosimo. If he was BIL than there has to be a daughter of Nicolo and Petronilla somewhere. Raffaele born Avellino circa 1883 per his first 1898 arrival record you found. He also arrived US in 1902 and 1912 I found no female birth record with Nicolo as father in 1892-1896 Avellino. This is a new wrinkle in my search. Picariello family definitely related to Iandolos since have Picariello cousins in US…I just don’t know how yet.
Thx so much for your help
Re: Ciro Iandoli, Avellino 1892
Well Suanj….I see that you found Raffaele Consolato 1892 and it is one person…..NOT TWINS…..hahahaha! So I guess my deciphering Italian is a flop!

