Hi all! Just hoping for some thoughts from others on this. My ancestor Alesio/Alessio Fino{i} came to Casalvecchio di Puglia as a young man and married a local girl there by about 1800. His 1837 death record https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 16/0J2JxJG seems to show his birth in Regnano...
these are some of the options I've looked at:
-The village of Regnano belongs to the municipality of Casola in Lunigiana, in the province of Massa-Carrara, region Toscana. (700+km)
-Name: Regnano/Status: Very small place-Pop: 174 people/Region : Viano-Provincia di Reggio Emilia (600-700km)
-The village of Regnano belongs to the municipality of Tolentino, in the province of Macerata, region Marche. (325-350km)
But they all seem kinda distant for him to have come from. Another possibility is the much closer (60km) Rignano Garganico which is in the province of Foggia in the Apulia region.
His mother's name was PICCIRILLO--which exists in Rignano Garganico.....
Before I spend a ton of time looking into the records in Rignano Garganico, I'd love to hear any other opinions or ideas.
Thanks for any insights!
Regnano vs Rignano
Re: Regnano vs Rignano
Surely Rignano Garganico.. until 1862 the name town was just Rignano.
Best regards,
suanj
Best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
-
NickAndreola
- Elite

- Posts: 390
- Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 14:59
- Location: Austin TX
Re: Regnano vs Rignano
Thanks suanj! I'd hoped very much to hear your opinion 
Re: Regnano vs Rignano
Thanks Nick, I am always available to help ..!
suanj
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
