Here's a marriage listing for Ellen Sullivan and David Cahill from Ancestry.com dated November 25, 1880. I don't have access to the Ancestry link so I can't open it.
When I search the NYC marriage index, I find the date of marriage is November 25, 1880 for Ellen Sullivan but November 25, 1881 for David Cahill.
I also searched the NYC marriage certificates but I can't find either of them by using names, the certificate number, or the years.
Can anyone help?
I'm trying to identify her by parents, date of birth, place of birth, etc.
Ellen Sullivan
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Ellen Sullivan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Ellen Sullivan
wondering if you've seen this website and whether it could be of any use to you?
https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/news
https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/news
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Ellen Sullivan
I found the marriage certificate. It was labelled 1882 and not properly indexed. It's not the Ellen Sullivan I was searching.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Re: Ellen Sullivan
If you search both on family search, both come up for the date Nov 25, 1880. Their parents' names are there as well. I don't have access to my computer at the moment, so can't provide the links until later, if you need them. Actual certificate is not there. Just extractions of the info.
His parents: Patrick; mother Catharine Murphy. His age 33, estimated year of birth, 1847;
Her parents: John, mother, Kate Hanley, age 24, est yr of birth, 1856
His parents: Patrick; mother Catharine Murphy. His age 33, estimated year of birth, 1847;
Her parents: John, mother, Kate Hanley, age 24, est yr of birth, 1856
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Ellen Sullivan
Yes, I found it. Thanks. Wrong person.