Bizza Aquina (Sicily)..?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
User avatar
MarcuccioV
Master
Master
Posts: 1903
Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
Location: West Hills, CA USA

Bizza Aquina (Sicily)..?

Post by MarcuccioV »

In attempting to run down an x-chromosome match, I came across someone whose NJ immigration/naturalization application shows a birthplace of "Bizza Aquina" (it is on the document in several places, spelled the same each time), having sailed on the SS Italia (coincidentally the same ship my grandfather came to the US on).

She sailed out of Palermo, so I assume it's in Sicily, perhaps near Palermo.

I see a frazione of Palermo called "Aquino", but no "Bizza Aquina". Has anyone heard of it..?
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
User avatar
MarcuccioV
Master
Master
Posts: 1903
Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
Location: West Hills, CA USA

Re: Bizza Aquina (Sicily)..?

Post by MarcuccioV »

Here is the document:
Attachments
BizzaAquina.jpg
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Bizza Aquina (Sicily)..?

Post by Tessa78 »

I would say Bisacquino, a comune in the Metropolitan City of Palermo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisacquino

T.
User avatar
MarcuccioV
Master
Master
Posts: 1903
Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
Location: West Hills, CA USA

Re: Bizza Aquina (Sicily)..?

Post by MarcuccioV »

Tessa78 wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 21:40 I would say Bisacquino, a comune in the Metropolitan City of Palermo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisacquino

T.
Thank you, Tessa. I have heard of it, but somehow didn't connect the dots...
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
Post Reply